Choose style:

Author Topic: SZ-ESW01 - Unsupported Device?  (Read 5080 times)

Offline wstocker

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
SZ-ESW01 - Unsupported Device?
« on: December 12, 2016, 07:02:04 am »
I have one of these SZ-ESW01 devices that I purchased back with the Almond+ Kickstarter.  I recently moved homes and reset all the devices that were connected to my Almond+.  I have attempted to connect this device to my Almond+ and my Almond3, and neither will succeed anymore.  I am able to connect it to my SmartThings Hub, but there was not an existing devicetype for it, so I am working to create one here: https://community.smartthings.com/t/did-anyone-get-the-securifi-sz-esw01-outlets-to-work-with-smarthings-v2/31163/14.  If nothing else, I want to connect this device again so that I can verify the data and its format to get the new handler working well, for the time being, I just took an educated guess at what the values mean.

Here are the messages that I get when trying to add this device to either Securifi Controller:
  • Adding sensor.. please wait
  • Getting sensor info.. please wait...
  • Association Failed

I am able to unpair and pair the device to SmartThings multiple times and go back and forth with Securifi Controller attempts with no issue, so I'm a little bit confused about what the issue could be.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
Re: SZ-ESW01 - Unsupported Device?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »
Did you try rebooting the almond+?

Offline wstocker

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:36:12 pm »
Did you try rebooting the almond+?
I plugged in the Almond+ once again for this test, and I did try rebooting it and unplugging / plugging in the Switched Outlet device as well.  :o

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:19:32 am »
@ wstocker,

I have one of these SZ-ESW01 devices that I purchased back with the Almond+ Kickstarter.  I recently moved homes and reset all the devices that were connected to my Almond+.  I have attempted to connect this device to my Almond+ and my Almond3, and neither will succeed anymore.  I am able to connect it to my SmartThings Hub, but there was not an existing devicetype for it, so I am working to create one here: https://community.smartthings.com/t/did-anyone-get-the-securifi-sz-esw01-outlets-to-work-with-smarthings-v2/31163/14.  If nothing else, I want to connect this device again so that I can verify the data and its format to get the new handler working well, for the time being, I just took an educated guess at what the values mean.

Here are the messages that I get when trying to add this device to either Securifi Controller:
  • Adding sensor.. please wait
  • Getting sensor info.. please wait...
  • Association Failed

I am able to unpair and pair the device to SmartThings multiple times and go back and forth with Securifi Controller attempts with no issue, so I'm a little bit confused about what the issue could be.

Could you please try resetting the device to the defaults and then try adding it. Hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds. It should get added as a Generic device, and in any case, please do send us the log files.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck