bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Help: Schlage Connect Century Touchscreen Deadbolt BE469 CEN 619  (Read 12767 times)

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Help: Schlage Connect Century Touchscreen Deadbolt BE469 CEN 619
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 05:14:25 pm »
You are kidding me.
You had to bring the router to the lock? Well I haven't tried that, but I did finally manage to get a factory reset done.

(For those following the helpful instruction video Schlage has online, the key is to completely ignore it. The video is wrong. Follow the reset to default procedure in the user guide - the video indicates holding down interior Schlage button to during battery reconnection, while manual tells you to hold down exterior Schlage button. If you thought you were going nuts, it isn't you.)
Trying to rejoin the Almond's zwave network has been ridiculous. Screen UI times out, webUI times out.
So I'll wait for a quiet time in the household to shutdown the router, unplug everything, haul it over to the lock, reboot it and attempt to re-pair the lock, hope that works, shut down, return to the thing to my WAN wire, reboot and hope it continues working.
Am I the only one who finds this procedure for pairing a WIRELESS DEVICE patently RIDICULOUS? Particularly given that it USED TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY.

Q. for Ashok. Is this being dealt with in any of the beta firmwares in the pipeline, or worked on at all?
Perhaps I should just buy a Wink?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:16:18 pm by Shazster »

Offline penright

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 07:19:47 am »
You had to bring the router to the lock?
Most instructions on pairing zwave is to bring them within a few feet of the controller before installing. Someone with more expertise can correct me where needed.
Zwave as we all know is a mesh network. If device A is too far from my controller, I can  bounce a message from device D through C,B and then to A. There is a chicken and egg issue here, before I can do that device A needs to be part of the network, but it won't pair if it is too far. Once joined, I can then install it and reach it through the mesh. By bringing the controller to the device did the same only in reverse.
Moving from Tuxedo to Almond+
And Loving it.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2016, 09:59:44 am »
I was able to join it successfully upon initial install without all this nonsense, but alright.
Q. Is it enough to bring the router right up to it and power it without any Internet access or do I need to run an ethernet cable all the way there too so the A+ still has cloud access? 

Offline penright

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 07:06:03 am »
A+ still has cloud access?
My understanding, the A+ does not need cloud access. That was why I picked it over ST. I am new and learning, but to move the A+ closer to a device my guess is all you need is power and the A+.

I was able to join it successfully upon initial install
What I hear you saying is, it worked the first time why not now. This makes me think you have had it for sometime. Do you maybe the battery was down just a hair and that was why the A+ had to be closer this time? Again, just guessing?
Moving from Tuxedo to Almond+
And Loving it.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 12:26:13 am »
I had already changed out the batteries after it stopped responding.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 08:25:44 pm »
@ Shazster,

You are kidding me.
You had to bring the router to the lock? Well I haven't tried that, but I did finally manage to get a factory reset done.

(For those following the helpful instruction video Schlage has online, the key is to completely ignore it. The video is wrong. Follow the reset to default procedure in the user guide - the video indicates holding down interior Schlage button to during battery reconnection, while manual tells you to hold down exterior Schlage button. If you thought you were going nuts, it isn't you.)
Trying to rejoin the Almond's zwave network has been ridiculous. Screen UI times out, webUI times out.
So I'll wait for a quiet time in the household to shutdown the router, unplug everything, haul it over to the lock, reboot it and attempt to re-pair the lock, hope that works, shut down, return to the thing to my WAN wire, reboot and hope it continues working.
Am I the only one who finds this procedure for pairing a WIRELESS DEVICE patently RIDICULOUS? Particularly given that it USED TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY.

Q. for Ashok. Is this being dealt with in any of the beta firmwares in the pipeline, or worked on at all?
Perhaps I should just buy a Wink?

The Z-wave protocol is designed in such a way that, whenever, a  Z-wave sensor is in pairing mode it runs a very low power and which is why controller has to be with in 1 mt distance and it has nothing to do with what Z-wave controller we are using.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 08:36:26 pm »
@ Shazster,

I was able to join it successfully upon initial install without all this nonsense, but alright.
Q. Is it enough to bring the router right up to it and power it without any Internet access or do I need to run an ethernet cable all the way there too so the A+ still has cloud access? 

As mentioned by penright, we don't need the Cloud access for adding any sensors. In your case, please do move the Almond+ near the Lock and then first follow a proper removal process and then try pairing it.

Removing:

Tap on Add sensor-->Remove (not remove all) --> Follow the removal process on Lock.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 06:43:38 pm »
Sensor removed a looooong time ago.
Lock is currently set to factory defaults as per Schlage manual.
Almond powered down, uncabled from my network, brought within 6 INCHES of Schlage lock, repowered on.
Tried pairing.
Red X indicating failure to pair on lock.
Pair process never completes at the Almond.

What else have you got?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 08:46:27 pm »
@ Shazster,

Sensor removed a looooong time ago.
Lock is currently set to factory defaults as per Schlage manual.
Almond powered down, uncabled from my network, brought within 6 INCHES of Schlage lock, repowered on.
Tried pairing.
Red X indicating failure to pair on lock.
Pair process never completes at the Almond.

What else have you got?

From the Connected sensors, if we remove the lock that won't get the network to be removed from the lock and it would only be removed from the Almond+. Hence, please do follow the process and we should get the message on the LCD "Unknown sensor removed" only then, we can add it or else we would not be able to add it at all. Resetting the lock to the factory defaults also, would not allow the existing network to be removed from the lock.

Removing:

Tap on Add sensor-->Remove (not remove all) --> Follow the removal process on Lock.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 12:09:27 pm »
That would have been useful information before I disconnected everything.
1- How about Securifi up their game with documentation a bit?
2-The enroll/unenrollment process at the lock is IDENTICAL (Do once to enroll, do again to unenroll). There is nothing on the lock that indicates its current state ie. Whether it is in fact enrolled, thus I need to undo it, or unenrolled, in which case I can just proceed to enroll with the Almond+.
But regardless, I did the procedure over and over and over, never receiving anything but a big red X. So here is what I will try:
1 Factory default reset at lock (Again).
2 unenrollment/enrollment procedure under the assumption the lock is still enrolled.
3 begin Almond+ pairing.
4 unenrollment/enrollment procedure under the assumption the lock is now cleared of enrollment.
5 hope to finally see a green checkmark.

Here's a question: should the Almond+ be completely powered down during attempts at unenrollment?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 12:23:30 pm »
The step you are missing is putting the lock into pair mode and selecting remove (not remove all) from the Almond. This is what actually resets the z wave network information on the lock. This is the same for all z wave devices every where and again none of this is Almond exclusive.

Offline Shazster

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 10:19:47 pm »
Ok..so where in this list am I missing that step? (Bearing in mind that sensor was previously removed from the Almond)

1 Factory default reset at lock.

2 UNENROLLMENT/enrollment procedure under the assumption the lock is still enrolled. (Ext. Schlage button + programmer code + 0)

*****REMOVE (NOT REMOVE ALL) FROM ALMOND******here?

3 begin Almond+ pairing.

4 unenrollment/ENROLLMENT procedure under the assumption the lock is now cleared of enrollment. (Ext. Schlage button + programmer code + 0)

5 hope to finally see a green checkmark.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck