Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ turns itself off  (Read 3139 times)

Offline moliandsam

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ turns itself off
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:53:36 am »
I just installed my Almond+ and it works well.  However, it turns itself off after some time, perhaps several hours.  I have to remove and then replace power to get it to reboot and function.  Is there some kind of scheduling programming I need to do to stop that?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ turns itself off
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 10:12:24 am »
First make sure you are on the most recent firmware and if it keeps doing so I would contact support.

Offline ebtnc

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:51 pm »
I just set mine up today (after help from this forum) and found mine is also shutting down after a few hours. I updated to the latest firmware before setting it up so that's not it.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 11:20:53 pm »
@ ebtnc, moliandsam,

Does the complete Almond+ shuts down or only the touch screen doesn't respond, but the power to the unit is still there.

Offline carterus

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »
Ashok, I too have this very problem.  My years old Almond+ randomly shuts itself off.  Because I have another router for my ethernet connection to the Internet, I don't realize that the Almond+ has once again shut itself off, until one of my scripted automation routines does not execute. When that happens, I have learned over the last several months to always go check the Almond+ first and, sure enough, I always find that it has shut off. Now, I don't even have to go to the room where it is located, I just try to access it via my desktop computer, which will be unsuccessful because it has shut itself off.
It has the latest software update (AP2-R090-L009-W016-ZW016-ZB005, as of this moment).
I always have to pull the power plug to hard boot it, and then it always returns to "normal"—for a while.  Eventually, it will shut off again, sometimes within hours, usually, days, and once it was good for a couple of months.
It has happened three times in the last 2 days. I just reset the screen timeout to 60 seconds (it had been at 3600) thinking this might help keep it cooler, and after waiting for the screen to shut off, I placed the unit face done on a cold granite countertop for the same reason.  If this does not work, unless you have some other suggestions, I will have to assume that the unit was defective out of the box.
I will be eagerly awaiting your reply.
Thanks.

Offline jagdish

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:37:55 pm »
@carterus,

This is not an usual pattern. Please reach our support team to get it resolved in a timely manner.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck