bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Compatibility with Almond 3  (Read 3544 times)

Offline PurdueFan9

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Compatibility with Almond 3
« on: July 26, 2016, 10:09:51 am »
I've been using the Almond+ since the Kickstarter campaign.  I'm considering pre-ordering the new Almond 3 bundle.  My question is as follows:

Will there be a firmware update to the Almond+ to enable the mesh networking feature to play well with the Almond 3 routers?  As I currently have 1 Z-wave and 2 ZigBee HA sensors, I would prefer to keep the Almond+ on my desk as my primary router then add Almond 3's upstairs and downstairs to get better wireless coverage.  I plan to hardware them all via Ethernet so speed is not sacrificed.

Please advise.  Thanks!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: Compatibility with Almond 3
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:03:46 pm »
@ PurdueFan9,

As of now Mesh networking feature is available only on the Almond 3 and no update yet about adding it on the Almond+ and once I receive any update, will be happy to post it here.

Offline Clieman

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »
Hi, in a Securifi press release: https://www.securifi.com/rg/securifi-introduces-almond-3-the-most-robust-touchscreen-wireless-router-and-smart-home-hub-to-hit-the-market, in January 2016, there is a statement: "Software Update: Mesh networking support for all recent Almond models Securifi will soon be updating the software for Almond 2015 and Almond+ routers to enable mesh networking. "

I have an Almond+ and have just purchased 3 Almond 3s and am very keen, like PurdueFan9, to keep my Almond+ as my main router. Is there any update to when the promised software update will be coming?

Offline javier2204

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 10:44:41 am »
So was the information in that press release incorrect? the website still lists the almond+ as not supporting wi-fi mesh
Almond+

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:32:15 pm »
As of now it is only in the Almond 3, as is to be expected with a new release / innovation. But I believe Ashok is saying he does not have an update yet on when it will be released to other devices a la Almond+. 

Offline Clieman

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 07:08:31 pm »
Ashok did say there wasn't as update yet, but that was back in July, and the original press release was in January, so I hoped with the release of the Almond 3, there might be an update release coming soon. Or at the very least, some sort of ETA the promised upgrade. The knowledge of this was a big contributing factor in my purchase of the Almond 3s. Knowing that Securifi is maintaining support for its older models is brilliant.
I really like my Almond+, and with more ports it is the far better model to have as the main unit, with the 3's as sub units. So I'm just keen to know when I'll be able to do this.

Offline Casey_SJ

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 05:36:13 pm »
I am also very keen to know when Mesh Networking will be introduced to the Almond+. I truly hope Securifi has not changed its mind about this. I have two Almond+ routers, with one configured as a range extender. Unfortunately, range extenders introduce new SSIDs, which is cumbersome when you are constantly switching manually from one SSID to another.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck