bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Internet Disconnected Error  (Read 3472 times)

Offline MalcEvansMusic

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Internet Disconnected Error
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:32:30 am »
Hi.

We purchased an Almond 2015 wireless router in June of this year, via Amazon. It's worked pretty well and been great at allowing internet access around the house. Our internet provider is Virgin Media. This morning the internet stopped working. After a call to Virgin Media Help, and factory resetting the hub, we've established that the hub is working correctly; we can access the internet via data cable and wirelessly.

The Almond connects to the internet briefly and then displays Internet Disconnected error. I've tried factory resetting the Almond too. The firewall is set to low, as it has been since June.

Do you have any advice please?

Thanks

Malc

Offline MalcEvansMusic

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Internet Disconnected Error
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:00:47 am »
It's working again now, for no apparent reason. I took out two network cables (mains networker and TiVo box) and it started working again. Bizarre. 3 hours of my life I won't get back sorting a non-obvious and unexplained problem!

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Internet Disconnected Error
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 03:41:51 pm »
That is very strange. How were you using the A15? Seems like a DHCP issue if you had the A15 setup as a access point / extender, which would mean the Virgin Media router wasn't passing it along. Also, whenever you reboot / restart any router including the A15 it is recommended you remove all devices connected (by ethernet) to it until the connection is re-established.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.