Choose style:

Author Topic: How to trigger IFTTT from device state (on/off/motion/door/temp/etc)  (Read 4880 times)

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hi guys

so i checked out the Almond promised IFTTT and i found it to be a bit lacking
http://i.imgur.com/JprI4n4.jpg and it's more towards the Almond Click ..

I was hoping for more IFTTT functionality like if motion detected the "that"  (tweet, email, trigger http get, etc etc etc)

Likewise, I wanted to turn on specific device registered in almond from an IFTTT "if" trigger. but Almond IFTTT only offers THEN = set mode or set scene.. :( where are all the other functionalities???

Will these functionalities come soon? or is it already available but im missing something? Coz i can't find the IFTTT functionalites it in the app as well as Almond + unit itself. :(

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:40:01 am by BrownChiLD »

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: How to trigger IFTTT from device state (on/off/motion/door/temp/etc)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 07:56:13 pm »
The IFTTT functionality is actually there.  I am really new to this but I figured it out.  I haven't dove into this fully but I have created a few buttons.  Now if you want to see the buttons in or on the Almond app or screen then I don't think that's possible.  You have to go through the IFTTT site or app. It took me a while to learn that IFTTT is not on the Almond but on an app.

What you have to do is to sign up for an account at https://ifttt.com.  After you sign in you can link your Almond with IFTTT.  After that you will have to run the IFTTT app or website to create your own IFTTT triggers to your Almond.

Hope this helps.

Offline cswilly

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:54:41 am »
Will these functionalities come soon? or is it already available but im missing something? Coz i can't find the IFTTT functionalites it in the app as well as Almond + unit itself. :(

Back in October @Ashok mentioned that "Yes, eventually new features/options would be added to our Almond channel."

I to am looking forward to more features for the securifi IFTTT channel.

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:57:39 am »
hmm, i do hope they are working on it. Last almond product i bought (v1) there were lots of promises of coming features, few came about.
this IFTTT thing is rather important and I am a bit worried why most the features are geared towards the Almond Click .. i'd hate to think almond added IFTTT just to sell the Click product :(
I do hope it isn't so. We need proper IFTTT functionalities!

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.