Choose style:

Author Topic: Cannot connect devices to 2.4GHz Network  (Read 5628 times)

Offline tommyboy568

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cannot connect devices to 2.4GHz Network
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:42:09 pm »
I'm using two Almond 3 routers in my house, one as the primary and the other as the extender. I continually have problems connecting devices to the 2.4 GHz network. I created two separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks with different passwords to ensure that each network is distinguishable.

At this point, I can no longer get any device connected to the 2.4 GHz network. Using a WiFi Analyzer tool, there is no outside networks competing on the channel that I am using. There are networks on Channel 1, 6, and 11 while I'm on Channel 9 with little bleed over from the network on Channel 11. I have rebooted the router numerous times and am using WPA2-PSK with AES. There are a number of devices that I have tried to connect: iPhones, Chromecast, Asus T100 tablet, Dell laptop, Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire.

I am out of ideas for resolving issues with these routers. Is there something that I am missing?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Cannot connect devices to 2.4GHz Network
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:15:47 am »
@ tommyboy568,

How is the setup, did you create a Mesh or got one as a Router and other as Range Extender to it and what about the 5 GHz and hardwired connection?

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.