bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Any feedback related to Almond+ Firmware R090  (Read 20037 times)

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to Almond+ Firmware R090
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 06:08:18 pm »
After a couple of reboots the 5.0ghz network reappeared on the Almond+.  I had to re-setup the network credentials and now everything is working again and I can see and surf with the 5.0ghz network.

Another thing I am noticing is that a couple of my smart bulbs are acting funny and are not turning on or off with my rules? I am sure removing and adding them back will fix the issue. Only a couple of my smart bulbs have this issue all my other sensors are working great. 

As for the Weather, it's not updating at all? Not that it's a big deal but it was cool feature I was checking out.

Offline spooky123

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 08:47:55 pm »
Does R090 include any updates to the rules engine to allow sending email or text when a condition occurs?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 08:47:46 am »
@spooky123:
No, R090 does not have those features.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:32:33 am by fillibar »
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline utrph77004

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »
Everyone should hold off on upgrading to R090

+1 on the death of 5 GHz wifi after upgrading to R090

I have since downgraded back to 89 just now and 5 GHz is still not functional.  All my devices see it as being able to connect, it just does not allow any data transmission, iPad says "Not Connected to the Internet," when connected to the 5 GHz band.  2.4 GHz still works as normal, fortunately.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:42:01 pm by utrph77004 »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 07:53:56 am »
@ All,

Could someone please provide a bit more information which mode we are using the Almond+, wanted to check, if this is something specific to one mode and also could we try a factory reset if possible. Thank you!

Offline cswilly

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 08:32:08 am »
Everyone should hold off on upgrading to R090

+1 on the death of 5 GHz wifi after upgrading to R090

Both 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi are working for me after the R090 update. I have my tablet and Chromcast on 5 GHz working fine.

EDIT: Working as a router and not AP.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:57:13 am by cswilly »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 10:40:38 am »
My Almond+ is operating as a router with R090, both 2.4ghz and 5ghz without problem.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 01:48:44 pm »
@Ashok

I have not done a  factory reset yet but wanted to give a little bit of info you asked for.

I am using my Almond+ as a range extender. Another thing, I also see the 5.0 ghz disappear from my Android Almond application as well in the active network devices area. Not too sure if that tells you anything but when I get home this evening I will do a factory reset to see if I see a difference.

Thanks...

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:15 pm »
This may seem unnecessary but are we within range of the 5 network? It is not as far as the 2.4. Were these devices that aren't seeing the 5 network able to see it from the same locations before the update?

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:09 pm »
@mparadis

My Almond+ is maybe less than 20 feet away from my main router so distance shouldn't be an issue for the 5ghz to connect. Also, yes the 5ghz network worked on R089 and I never seen it disappear from my Almond app like it does now. I also never had an issue connecting devices to the 5ghz network as well.

I will update when I factory reset the Almond+.

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 10:49:57 pm »
@Ashok

I reset the Almond+ and everything seems to be working correctly. I haven't tested everything but If I see it acting up again I will be sure to post about it here.

I have to say that it was a pretty quick restore process.  I am now more confident that I can get back all my settings, rules, devices and configurations back with the backup and restore settings area.  This was the first time I reset the device.  Pretty slick.

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 10:33:57 am »
I don't see the disconnects like I did before the reset with the 5ghz network. I think I am good now. 

The Weather is still not working at all unless you manually go refresh it on the unit itself.

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 10:53:46 am »
But I do have another issue and it was like this on the previous firmware.  Not sure if this should be here or in a another location but it's an issue.

The issue I am having is:

If I trigger a device to do something when my phone connects to wifi - this action works great

If I trigger a device to do something when my phone disconnects my wifi - this action never works (it will but not when it actually disconnects)

This issue is that the Almond+ hangs on to my disconnected wifi connection forever even though I have been disconnected for sometime. It doesn't matter if my iPad, Samsung tablet or phone or even my laptop all of them will show in my app as connected even though I am disconnected? Shouldn't the application know you just disconnected or the Almond+? I have even shut my phone off to see if I could get the Almond+ to show disconnected? No go! Why have this feature if it doesn't work correctly? Am I missing something here?

It will eventually show disconnected but takes forever to get to this point. Unreliable for a trigger.

If someone has a fix I am all ears.

Offline tt4me

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:08 am »
But I do have another issue and it was like this on the previous firmware.  Not sure if this should be here or in a another location but it's an issue.

The issue I am having is:

If I trigger a device to do something when my phone connects to wifi - this action works great

If I trigger a device to do something when my phone disconnects my wifi - this action never works (it will but not when it actually disconnects)

This issue is that the Almond+ hangs on to my disconnected wifi connection forever even though I have been disconnected for sometime. It doesn't matter if my iPad, Samsung tablet or phone or even my laptop all of them will show in my app as connected even though I am disconnected? Shouldn't the application know you just disconnected or the Almond+? I have even shut my phone off to see if I could get the Almond+ to show disconnected? No go! Why have this feature if it doesn't work correctly? Am I missing something here?

It will eventually show disconnected but takes forever to get to this point. Unreliable for a trigger.

If someone has a fix I am all ears.

There is a setting that you can adjust for each network device called "Inactive grace period" that you can adjust from within the app (and WebUI I believe) that will "tell" the A+ that that device has disconnected after that many minutes. The reason for the grace period is to limit devices from reporting as disconnecting and reconnecting constantly as they shut off wifi to conserve battery.

I presume this is your issue.

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2017, 11:43:02 am »
Yes. Exactly. I knew someone had an answer but searched the site but didn't see that in any post.

Thanks for the information. I just tried you suggestion with putting a minute into that location and it still doesn't disconnect my phone from the Almond+?

Kinda new to all of this HA stuff so I do a lot of searching and asking questions. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:51:36 am by Frozen »

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.