Choose style:

Author Topic: Any feedback related to Almond+ Firmware R090  (Read 20028 times)

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Any feedback related to Almond+ Firmware R090
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 12:01:31 pm »
You know what maybe we are talking about something different here?

Even though my phone is disconnected, the almond shows connected.  The rule will run just fine but the router should be a little bit more proactive and verify if a connection is still active. It remains active for minutes after disconnect.

So, moving it to a minute just shut my device off in about 7 minutes. ( it would't take 0 but it's a lot better than 12 to 15 minutes on 6)  I was thinking it should be a little faster than that.  I think it's an Almond router issue not recognizing that a device like a WiFi phone disconnects. I think it's a reporting issue somewhere?

So, if anyone would want to experiment with this here is the scenario:

Create a rule to turn on a light when your phone connects to the Almond+.
Create another rule to turn the light off when your phone disconnects.

What are your observations after you have turned off WiFi on your phone and are on cellular?  With a 1 as the inactive grace period. How long does it take to show your phone disconnected in the application or website so the rule will trigger?  I am curious? I have only had the device for a month so I am new to this.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:36:36 pm by Frozen »

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 04:33:21 pm »
There is a "grace period" you can set it in the app under the network device you want to adjust. Default should be 6 minutes.

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 05:26:55 pm »
@mparadis

Yes I understood what you were saying and I set the "grace period" to 1 in the device area of the app. (In the "active/inactive network devices" area is where my phone shows up and that I am trying to use as my trigger and changed the "grace period" to 1.)   That should be 1 minute. I get that and thank you for showing me this setting. Unless that's not the setting (the "grace period" in the device you want as a trigger)

Maybe I am not explaining myself correctly.

The Almond+ doesn't release my disconnected WiFi (phone) device (It thinks I am connected when I am not).  Once the Almond releases my Wifi connection after about 5 or so minutes then the "grace period" (set at 1) probably runs as well.  That's 7 minutes until something will happen.  What ever trigger it might be.

I really appreciate your help but I am talking about the Almond thinking that my device is still connected and showing green in my application as an "Active network device".  I am totally disconnected like I stated above and turned off. The Almond will eventually disconnect the device and show as an "Inactive network device" but that's after 5+ minutes of the device being off. I think that the "grace period" is working correctly at 1 minute but I am waiting for my device to show as an "Inactive network device" in the application so it will start my 1 minute. That's where I get around 7 minutes to trigger not from the "grace period"

Also, changing the "grace period" to a 1 did help. From 12 minutes until trigger and now it's about 7.

Unless this normal behavior I don't see how you can use a phone's WiFi connection as a reliable trigger? When you connect to Wifi "yes" but not when you are leaving the network.

Again thanks for the help.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:36:06 pm by Frozen »

Offline utrph77004

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 06:14:03 pm »
I'm happy to report that after doing a Factory Reset, as suggested by Ashok, all functions, including 5 GHz band, have been restored back to normal with R090 firmware running.

Offline rlopes

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:56 am »
Update performed, no regression observed so far (5GHz network working nominally). No factory reset performed. All rules and scenes working. FTP server working. Using A+ in Router mode.

Only seem to have an issue with one of the sensors (smoke detector), I'll try to remove and add it again.

So far, looks good.

Offline deyan

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »
Hello, I am not able to send Z-wave configuration parameters with the new firmware. I can select config parameter, size in bytes, but the last field stays empty (trying to put "5" in it). It does not work for any of my devices.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 05:02:13 am »
@ deyan,

Hello, I am not able to send Z-wave configuration parameters with the new firmware. I can select config parameter, size in bytes, but the last field stays empty (trying to put "5" in it). It does not work for any of my devices.

I am sorry about this, but it seems like there is a small issue and will be taken care of through our next release.

Offline Ensign_Redshirt

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 06:07:45 pm »
I ran into an issue where my custom dynamic dns settings were partially overwritten. By partial I mean the service record that resides within /etc/config/ddns was still there, but the corresponding line within /usr/lib/ddns/services (actually, what looks to be the entire file) was overwritten with the update. I get that direct modifications to certain files is probably not something that is protected when an update occurs, but the comments in those config files do say they can be edited to add additional ddns providers/services so it's a little misleading if they are going to be overwritten.

On the plus side I have a device (smart scale) on the 2.4GHz band that had been having pretty consistent connectivity issues and those seem to be much better after the update. Not entirely sure what changed that could be helping but hey, I'll take the win for now.

Offline camrunr

• Peanut
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 12:58:45 am »
Smooth upgrade.  Was the 2.4Ghz connection dropping / freeze resolved in this update?

From my experience, NO. In fact it may be worse. I've given up on Almond as a wifi device. It's junk, and their support hasn't helped.

Such a bummer.

Offline scroder

• Chestnut
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 12:36:56 am »
My issue with the new firmware is getting frustrating. I have some rules for some porch lights on/off. They have always worked perfectly, until the new release. Now they turn on/off maybe half the time. When I check the status on the phone app, it shows what its supposed to be, but the rule didn't actually work. When I login to the Almond from my computer and try to turn the device on or off, it freezes up the computer every time. It also seems like the range for my z-wave devices is almost nonexistent now with communicating with the Almond. 

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 11:25:30 pm »
@ scroder,

Please do send us the log files, whenever the rules stop executing, so that we could diagnose and get back to you.

Offline mechcozmo

• Backer
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 08:31:30 pm »
Looks like the IPsec VPN server is still broken.  My iPhone tries to connect, then gives me an error: "The VPN Server did not respond"

Tested with iOS 10.2 on Verizon in the US.  Interestingly enough, my phone reports an IPv6 address from "whatismyip.com".  The system log reports a number of messages and errors that are IPsec or VPN related.   How can I submit it to you?

Offline camrunr

• Peanut
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 11:27:14 pm »
FWIW, I've replaced the WifI functionality of the A+ with a Luma mesh system. I'm sticking with A+ for home automation for now, but this is frustrating. Most of all, the response from support. This is a common issue as witnessed by reading the forums. When I dealt with support, it was as if no one had ever reported Wifi troubles before.

2 whole days on Luma with zero WiFi stalls. Uh-mazing.

From my experience, NO. In fact it may be worse. I've given up on Almond as a wifi device. It's junk, and their support hasn't helped.

Such a bummer.

Offline scroder

• Chestnut
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2017, 10:11:42 pm »
@ scroder,

Please do send us the log files, whenever the rules stop executing, so that we could diagnose and get back to you.

Can you please tell me how and where to send them? The rules didn't work last night or tonight again.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2017, 10:58:07 pm »
@ scroder,

Can you please tell me how and where to send them? The rules didn't work last night or tonight again.

You can send the logs via LCD UI (Help-->Send Logs or Wifi-- Send Logs from App).

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.