bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Dimmer always resetting to 100%  (Read 5770 times)

Offline senad

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Dimmer always resetting to 100%
« on: February 12, 2015, 08:52:31 pm »
My Cooper RF9540-NWS dimmer always resets back to full brightness after being turned off and on from the Android app or web interface, instead of going back to the previous level. Is this expected behaviour at this time? I was hoping it would get fixed in R070 firmware.

Btw, having a couple of customizable presets on the main panel instead of having to always go to setting to change the dim level would be a nice feature.

Amritendu

Re: Dimmer always resetting to 100%
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 09:39:14 pm »
Yes, the brightness customization of the dimmer is an instantaneous command and would reset to its original state if turned off and on. Not sure if its a behaviour needs to be changed or fixed in future releases though.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 02:12:43 am »
We're working on changing the dimmer UI, as we know it's frustrating the way it is right now.

We've had some issues with getting the Z-Wave dimmers behaving the way you want, but the ZigBee bulbs are in most instances behaving that way now, so hopefully we can figure out how to get this done with Z-Wave dimmers too.

Offline chucktown

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:54 am »
I know this is an old thread but was there ever any development for this? I have the GE dimmers and when they are turned on with the app, they go to 100% and not the last dimmed setting. If I turn it on at the physical dimmer switch, it goes to the last dimmed setting.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck