Choose style:

Author Topic: Curtain or Blinds Rails sensor  (Read 4191 times)

Offline rjmp

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Curtain or Blinds Rails sensor
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:52:32 pm »
Anybody knows if there's a zigbee or z-Wave sensor out there that can be open & close a blinds curtain, which can connect to the new almond 3 ?? Im planning to automate more and more of our devices in our apartment downtown. We have a great view of the city since we stay in a high-rise building. I intend to have this set-up within 2 weeks:
1) Hall lamp light (current)
2) Air Purifier (Current)
3) Door Sensor (current)
4) Portable 1500W heater (current)
5) Wall bed lights (in 1 week's time)
6) Zigbee digital camera (in 2 weeks' time)
7) Air Freshener (in 1 week's time)
8) August Smart Lock via August Connect hub (ATTEMPTING TO RESOLVE THIS CONNECTION in 1 week's time)
9) Amazon Echo Dot (in 1 week's time)

My goal is to be able to do the following by just saying "Alexa, tell Almond good morning" in the morning:
1) Make my coffee
2) on my wall bed light
3) off my portable heater
4) on my hall lamp
5) AND ..... OPEN MY BLINDS CURTAIN that slides right to open (and left to close)

I'm open to all ways to resolve the opening & closing of my blinds curtain, guys.

Thanks

neeharika

Re: Curtain or Blinds Rails sensor
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:46 am »
Woah @rjmp! You have got yourself into quite an interesting project! We haven't tested it specifically in our facility but this should work : http://www.climax.com.tw/scm-1zbs-zb.php

Keep us updated on how your project is rolling!

Edit : Hold-on your purchase for awhile. This sensor seems to have a problem currently
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:18:36 am by neeharika »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:39:00 am »
Monoprice has a curtain device, but it is just to trigger a motor it has none itself. Unfortunately that can pair, but does not work with Almond yet.

There was also a Kickstarter for a product "FlipFlic" I think that was ZigBee... I backed it but still waiting. That is a full solution for an unpowered blind. I will continue to push them to talk to Securifi devices, and, once it arrives and I can send logs, I will work on Securifi also.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Smarthomeenthusiast

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »
Any luck connecting your August smart lock to Almond? I would be interested in hearing how you got them to connect.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck