Choose style:

Author Topic: Simple End User App  (Read 4599 times)

Offline rockridder

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Simple End User App
« on: January 09, 2017, 09:34:39 am »
What I would like to see is another app, one that is stripped down. It should show the current status of all of the devices, allowing a user to manually interact with devices and scenes, but not edit them. The situation, my wife, she is not technically inclined, she needs things to be over simplified and just work. I want to be able to give her an interface that she can plainly see what she can do and thats it.Ideally it could detect if it is on the same network as the Routers or would need to authenticate over the internet.

neeharika

Re: Simple End User App
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:22:18 am »
Indeed! We are trying to make the App as easy to operate for the technically non-inclined as much as for tech geeks. Rather than stripping down the App, we would love to make our existing App itself more user friendly. Can you please tell us what exactly she finds annoying in the App in a more specific way? Thanks @rockridder!

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 10:51:21 am »
I think a "simple screen" may work for this, something that can be selected once in the settings, and displays simpler buttons for the control of smart devices. However, I think a better solution is having some features locked / unavailable for certain users based on an authorization. One such could be end users, as well as full user and owner/admin. Just a thought.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 11:55:19 am »
A way to lock users from modifying using the invited accounts.... I think this is more of a case he doesn't want some of the Almond Sharing accounts to have full edit privs....  And a simplified user screen vs an admin screen... Get the idea of having it as a separate app.. but some clever permissions

In my case.. i want 2 family members to have edit privs, but one only able to remotely control devices on the network... Perhaps theres a place for an Almond Remote vs an Almond app.... think thats what the user was getting at... He doesnt want his wife to inadvertently mod a setting and by stripping the UI or hiding a portion of the UI, this might make it easier to use...

-J

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck