bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage Lock Status and Notifications  (Read 9156 times)

Offline ZackG

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage Lock Status and Notifications
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:56 pm »
Hi All,

I've got a Schlage BE469NX and have successfully paired the lock to my Almond+.  I can also successfully lock/unlock the door from the app.  However, there is some key functionality that I think is missing. 
  • If I use the pinpad to unlock the door, the Almond+ does not know that the door is unlocked, and still shows the door as "Locked" in the app.  Is there a way to get the status updated regularly? 
  • I have notifications setup for this device, however I only receive notifications if the app is used to unlock/lock the door, not whenever the state of the door changes.  I see this related to the first item.
  • I can add multiple pins to the lock that work great, but I hoped to have notifications when certain codes are used.  Additionally, it would be great to enable/disable codes to only be used during certain times of the day, or perhaps a simple "Enable/Disable" pin checkbox
The potential is there, but the functionality seems to be really lacking right now.  Is this all we will ever have with the Almond+ and Schlage?  Is it possible to get a true status update from the device? 

Offline ZackG

• Backer
Re: Schlage Lock Status and Notifications
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »
Any help here?  Bumping for a response.  Do others have the same experience? 

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:53:59 pm »
To resolve the first two issues I would try removing and repairing the device. As with all z wave networks and security devices such as locks ensure that the lock is within a foot of the almond. That should fix it if the lock sports instant updates, I am not familiar with the lock so I can't confirm that fact. As for number 3, most locks do not support sending the input method or pin back to the hub device for security reasons. Some do but I am not familiar with which, my knowledge is that those tend to be ones with their own ecosystem and aren't dependant on another company's hub.

Offline ZackG

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 03:19:12 pm »
Thanks,

So the expected response is that the Almond+ should know when the state of the lock has changed via the lock pinpad?  I wasn't sure whether my results are the expected results. 

- Zack

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:45:56 pm »
With most locks it should be reporting to Almond+ that it is unlocked whether via app or pin pad. If you look at the specs of your lock it will tell you. I would start with re-pairing the lock (make sure to remove it properly first) and see if that corrects it.

Offline Hallen

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 09:09:31 pm »
I have a Schlage and the Almond+ does report the lock's status regardless of whether it's done manually by turning the deadbolt, with a key, using the keypad, or done with the app.  (Of note, in a NYC apartment, I had to move the Almond+ much closer to the lock than I'd had it originally -- there are way too many things that interfere with reception so don't expect to get 80 feet!)  It allows you to set up to 20 PIN numbers and I can even set those from the Almond+ app, which is awesome and much easier than doing so on the lock itself.  However, I have the same issue -- I thought the Almond+ would be able to tell me which code was used to open the door (say, PIN #6) and it doesn't.  All I know is that someone's unlocked the door, not who it was.  Definitely disappointing but honestly, nothing in the lock's literature says that it can do that, I simply assumed it.

Offline Andy

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 01:53:31 pm »
Hi Securifi!

I would also very much like the notification to state which unlock code number was used (not the unlock code itself, but at least #1, #2,... #10), not just whether unlock event occurred.  Another followup suggestion, instead of numerical identifiers for the codes in your UI, be able to specify Names that identify codes.

Thanks,
Andy

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 06:58:37 pm »
Again, this is mostly dependent on the LOCK not on Securifi. Many of these locks don't send the information about what code unlocked them, for security reasons, they simply report that it was opened or was locked.

Offline Andy

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 07:59:16 pm »
Well this particular lock BE469 reports which code identifier was used (not code itself) to wink hub and nexia hub at least.  So why not to almond+?  If almond can internally map the code identifier to a Name, then it will be even a greater value-added feature.

Offline ZackG

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 02:58:29 pm »
Thanks All,
I reconnected the lock to the Almond+, and it now reports status appropriately.  Thanks for your help. 

I agree, having notifications on the codes used would be VERY helpful. 

Offline jadeboy

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 03:10:56 pm »
 :'( I have the exact same problem.. the Schlage Connect (firmware  main_7.1) will enrolled onto the Almond +, I can lock/unlock the door using the almond + android application. BUT it does not notify me when the door is locked or unlocked (unless I am using the android application). I have unenrolled/enrolled multiple times... I have moved the almond + device inches/centimeter away from the lock? Anyone else have a suggestion?

Thanks

Offline jadeboy

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 12:54:36 pm »
After many more random attempt.. it finally works. If I have to guess what made it work; it's probably entering one of the 2 defaulted manufacture 4 digital code after the device registration.

But there is be a limitation on the notification, if you unlock and lock quickly (within about 5 seconds) you will not get any notification/history. Is there an issue with zware or schlage ? I have a Securifi door sensor base on zigbee, it notifies almost right away when my door opens and closes even if I do it extremely quickly.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:18:23 pm by jadeboy »

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 09:25:05 pm »
Well this particular lock BE469 reports which code identifier was used (not code itself) to wink hub and nexia hub at least.  So why not to almond+?  If almond can internally map the code identifier to a Name, then it will be even a greater value-added feature.

A year later; are codes supported now? as of which firmware?
Will the break-in notification also work? (vibration sense)

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.