bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Peanut Not Following Rules / Randomly Turns On  (Read 7510 times)

Offline NicoleL

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Peanut Not Following Rules / Randomly Turns On
« on: March 14, 2018, 08:54:52 am »
Been having an issue with my peanut plug that is connected to a floor lamp. I have it programmed to turn on at 6:25 pm and off at 8:50 pm. Every few days, however, it just randomly turns on. For awhile it would always be at 11 am but recently it was 1 pm. On the days it turns on randomly it also does NOT follow the scheduled times.

I've tried deleting the rules and setting them up again and it seems to work fine for a few days and then starts doing this. Any ideas? Is it a bag plug that I should have replaced? It's driving me nuts.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Peanut Not Following Rules / Randomly Turns On
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:37:34 am »
@ NicoleL,

Do you have any other rules created using the Peanut plug and whenever, this happens send us the logs "Logs for Peanut".

Offline NicoleL

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:56:21 am »
No other rules. When this first occurred there was a rule to have the peanut turn on if the Almond3 alarm went off, but I deleted all rules and entered just the schedule to see if the peanut was getting confused by that other rule. Unfortunately the problem persists and I haven't been able to determine the trigger. I will send logs next time it occurs.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:59:39 am »
The only other simple thing I would ask / check. Have you lost power at all recently or updated the Almond 3 firmware and can you check to ensure the time for the Almond 3 is still correct?

Offline NicoleL

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:55:51 am »
No power outages that I'm aware of and the time is correct on the Almond. What's strange is the light turns on by itself at random times, but never off.

Also, I checked the Peanut's history (I assume this is the log being referenced above) and it shows the light turning on yesterday at 1:25 pm. No one was home and the dog is locked up. My husband checked our cameras when he received the notification that the light turned on and nothing was amiss. We then had to manually turn off the light and it didn't automatically turn on at 6:25 pm like the rules dictate so we had to turn it on and then off before bed because it didn't do it on it's own.

Offline NicoleL

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 04:11:12 pm »
Lamp turned on again at 1:25 pm today. The timer is set for 6:25 pm. Could something be screwed up somewhere in regards to a time zone? The Almond and the Almond app reflect the correct time but it's interesting that it's turning on 5 hours ahead of time. When it was set to turn on at 5 pm it was going on at 11 am (which was before the time change to an hour ahead this weekend), so something is telling me it's timezone related.

Also. how do I send logs?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 05:08:34 pm »
@ NicoleL,

Report a problem through App or LCD (Help-->Send Logs). Meanwhile, you can try setting the region and location through App under "Advanced Router Features" and see, if it helps.

Offline NicoleL

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 08:08:51 am »
I just wanted to post an update that I found a setting for time zone in the Almond. After specifying my time zone I haven't had a problem since.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.

bottleneck