bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Staying connected to wifi on a Grace Audio radio  (Read 5594 times)

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Staying connected to wifi on a Grace Audio radio
« on: January 13, 2017, 07:05:22 am »
Anyone have experience with Grace Audio radios and staying connected to the Almond 3.... For some reason... it doesn't like to keep a connection via the satellite almond over WIFI even though the signal strength is fine...  Am able to stay connected to a secondary AP (Asus) not too far from the radio on a different channel....

A little peeved at the vendor for not bothering with a hardware ethernet jack and of course the fob is out of stock and it isnt compatible with the generic ASIX adapter I own from trendnet that works with pretty much anything...

https://gracedigital.com/shop/encore/

-John

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Staying connected to wifi on a Grace Audio radio
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:56 pm »
@ joltdue,

Which band are you using for connecting the Grace Audio and is it possible for you to move the Grace Audio to other Almond 3 and see, if we are facing the same issue.

Offline rockridder

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
My Grace Radio stopped connecting early last week. I tried a few things to get it back working. I reset the radio which didn't actually fix it, it wouldn't connect when it came back up. Then I simply unplugged the closest "Almond" router (I have 3 in a mesh) powered it back on, waited a few minutes and the Grace radio came right up.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:14:01 pm »
Got to go figure out which band.. of course Grace doesn't make it obvious as to which band its using to connect, esp when it reconnects...

(Is there a quick way to tell what band a device is connected to via the securifi app or lcd?... 

Its very likely to be the device's issue vs securifi's issue but.. all that matters is i get it to work a bit more predictably/reliably...  (Their devices are known for being a bit temperamental with wifi... Grrrh)

So far no mention of 5ghz in docs or seeing it on other vendors router. ... after all it is *optional* for 802.11n standard..

Just found out its 2.4G only... Still misbehaving. ..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:35:52 pm by joltdude »

Offline n1djs

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 06:02:48 pm »
Experiencing similar problems. It seems. Grace is not gracefully dealing with multiple mesh nodes being seen with the same name. You can verify the issue I am seeing by powering down all but one node with the same name and pairing. Things will work fine until you power up additional mesh nodes with the same wifi name. So seems my experience.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 02:24:59 pm »
Experiencing similar problems. It seems. Grace is not gracefully dealing with multiple mesh nodes being seen with the same name. You can verify the issue I am seeing by powering down all but one node with the same name and pairing. Things will work fine until you power up additional mesh nodes with the same wifi name. So seems my experience.

I can confirm this is the case....(now that Recieva is back online.. they were having some server issues a week or two ago)

I gave up on the Grace's wifi... just bought their USB/Ethernet adapter..... It is not an ASIX based USB fob.. surprised they dont support that series since its somewhat common in internet appliances.... chromebooks... etc

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.

bottleneck