bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Time reset to UTC, Weather displayed for Baton Rouge  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Andy

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Time reset to UTC, Weather displayed for Baton Rouge
« on: January 21, 2017, 02:00:58 am »
Hey folks.

2 issues here really...

On R090, on A+, even if I select US/Pacific Time zone in Kamikaze interface (router is in California), when I ask the router to run ntp synchronization from the screen, it automatically resets the timezone to UTC and advances my clock by 2 hours.  I would imagine it's a bug.

The weather app displays the weather for Baton Rouge and I have no idea how to set it to my zipcode.  Anyone knows?

Andy

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Time reset to UTC, Weather displayed for Baton Rouge
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
Search the forum. this has been mentioned numerous times. There are several options to try to fix it. The weather is based on your IP address which is assigned a location by your ISP and this can't be changed. The time zone should be changed if done correctly.

Offline Andy

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Time reset to UTC, Weather displayed for Baton Rouge
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 12:11:09 pm »
thanks @mparadis!  I've seen the issue of timezone resetting mentioned several times in the forum, but i didn't see any fixes that work permanently.    For the weather, my ip geolocates correctly through most of the services, e.g. https://www.iplocation.net/, Baton Rouge is 2 timezones away from me, so there's something else going on

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck