bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Alert and other screen displays / email/twitter types of output for THEN actions  (Read 4183 times)

Offline v8media

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
The main selling point for me for the Almond kickstarter was the LCD screen that I could have display various things. I would absolutely love if there were more things that could be shown on the screen, and if you could choose whether to cycle through a few, or to pack a few on the screen at the same time. One screen option that could be useful is allowing it to display alerts on some status. For example, if a particular computer is not on the network, let me display a red screen background telling me that, as it could mean that a certain computer was stolen, or that the garage door is still open at 10pm. I don't want to do everything through the app, and the LCD screen is just sitting there waiting to be used.

Also, I found that you can click on a computer to be notified when it's off network, which is great. If there was a way to be tweeted, emailed, or others, that would be great and allow all sorts of other projects to happen, or allow guests in the home to see a notification about something.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
There is IFTTT support. So you could detect when a network device connects and have IFTTT perform the further notifications.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck