Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond A1A keeps freezing, won't finish rebooting.  (Read 12931 times)

Offline danielsan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond A1A keeps freezing, won't finish rebooting.
« on: January 26, 2017, 11:57:23 am »
I have an A1A, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post.

I've had my A1A for about 10 months, and this is really the first time I've had any issues with it.  A few days ago my Almond lost its Internet connection (it was still running, and wifi was working, but connected computers couldn't access the Internet).  Rebooted, and everything was fine.

Last night, I lost Internet again and thought maybe I should see if a firmware update was available.  I couldn't remember where to find the firmware info, and ended up clicking the diagnostics app, and the popup appeared saying "don't unplug device."  I waited for the diagnostics to finish running, but they never did, so I rebooted using the web interface console.  The system started to reboot but when the Securifi logo popped up, the system just froze.

Tried doing a hard reset and nothing happened, unplugged the power and the system froze again.  It only seems to finish booting if I leave it unplugged for a while, but once it's been running for a few minutes it freezes again.

Is this a hardware issue, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond A1A keeps freezing, won't finish rebooting.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:41:11 pm »
@ danielsan,

Is there any pattern like after this much time the touch screen freezes and do you have the screen timeout enabled?

Offline danielsan

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »
I've had it unplugged for about 1/2 an hour, and just plugged it in to reply to your comment, and it's now behaving differently.

After the "Almond" splash screen, the Securifi logo popped up (which is when it usually freezes) and the 4 square indicators were flashing... so far, so good... but after a minute of flashing, it displayed the "Almond" text again, then switched back to the Securifi logo with the indicators visible, but this time they're not moving... it's frozen.

Offline danielsan

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:51 pm »
I just tried plugging it in again, and the same thing now happens.  It makes it to the Securifi logo and the 4 indicator squares flash, then it drops back to the splash screen and starts over.  After a few cycles through the splash and logo screens, it freezes.

It also takes down my main router's wifi, and weirdly, all other wifi signals disappear as well (happened last time I tried, but I didn't realize it was the Almond that caused it).

I've had it setup in wireless WAN mode for as long as I've been using it -- acting as a repeater and new access point.

Offline anwar.shiekh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 02:47:10 pm »
... and ended up clicking the diagnostics app, and the popup appeared saying "don't unplug device."  I waited for the diagnostics to finish running, but they never did, so I rebooted using the web interface console.  The system started to reboot but when the Securifi logo popped up, the system just froze.

A diagnostic that causes damage if interrupted is not robust programming.

Offline danielsan

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 05:25:08 pm »
To be fair, it was already dying prior to that happening.  I think it's a hardware issue, since it will only boot after being off for at least 1/2 an hour, then freezes if I try to do anything.

Hoping it's still on warranty, 10 months isn't a very good run. :(

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »
@ danielsan,

Try to set the screen timeout for "999999" and then check the performance. Meanwhile, please be assured, your unit is warranted for complete 1 year from the date of purchase and you can contact our support team at (support@securifi.com) for replacement.

Offline danielsan

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 01:57:28 am »
I managed to get the screen refresh rate set, but then when I tried to run the wireless settings app, it froze.

Basically, at this point, it will only finish booting up if I have it unplugged for at least 1/2 an hour, and once it's running it will freeze after a few minutes (maybe less) of use.

I think I might try a hard reset once more while it's running and see what happens.

Offline anwar.shiekh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 08:30:18 am »
When I accidently 'upgraded' my A1A Almond with original Almond firmware, Ashok was amazingly helpful in guiding me on how to get the correct firmware back into the unit, and I don't easily forget all that assistance. Tech support doesn't get much better than that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:00:38 am by anwar.shiekh »

Offline jonesnickk57

YearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 04:11:44 am »
I've had it unplugged for about 1/2 an hour, and just plugged it in to reply to your comment, and it's now behaving differently.
Mobdro Vip
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 02:34:33 am by jonesnickk57 »

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.