bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Help with GoControl FS20Z-1 for Garage Door  (Read 4648 times)

Offline bebopblues

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Help with GoControl FS20Z-1 for Garage Door
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:29:00 pm »
I have the GoControl FS20Z-1 wired to the same wires as the garage door wall switch, and its own power from outlet. I was able to get Almond+ to detect the GoControl FS20Z-1.

So here's the problem, what kind of device is this? I tried Binary and Multiswitch and Others, none of those options are functioning correctly. I guess what it needs is a a toggle switch option.

Also, for whatever reason, my garage door sensors (to detect obstacles) are now not working. The indicating lights are off. I'm not sure they failed coincidentally or if what I'm doing is causing it to short. Now I have to hold the wall switch for it to close.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Help with GoControl FS20Z-1 for Garage Door
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 11:19:32 am »
@ bebopblues,

I have the GoControl FS20Z-1 wired to the same wires as the garage door wall switch, and its own power from outlet. I was able to get Almond+ to detect the GoControl FS20Z-1.

So here's the problem, what kind of device is this? I tried Binary and Multiswitch and Others, none of those options are functioning correctly. I guess what it needs is a a toggle switch option.

Also, for whatever reason, my garage door sensors (to detect obstacles) are now not working. The indicating lights are off. I'm not sure they failed coincidentally or if what I'm doing is causing it to short. Now I have to hold the wall switch for it to close.

What am I doing wrong?

Try to remove and add it as Binary Switch and then send the logs with the description as "Logs for Ashok"

Offline bebopblues

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Help with GoControl FS20Z-1 for Garage Door
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:55:01 pm »
I didn't want to mess with it any more as I was having a  hard time to re-pair/add it to the almond. So I returned it.

I went with the binary switch hack to open/close my garage door.

Basically this hack using a Peanut plug and Radioshack relay (Part# 275-217, DPDT Plug-In Relay ~ Coil: 125VAC ~ Contacts: 10A at 125VAC)

Wire the powercord to pin 7 and 8 on the relay. And then wire the garage switch to pin 4 and 6. Then you just need to set up a rule to switch the Peanut OFF when it detects an ON state. I also have a tilt sensor to let me know when the garage is opened or closed.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.