Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond 3 will not detect node when wired direct  (Read 4877 times)

Offline CincyAL3

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond 3 will not detect node when wired direct
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:51:10 am »
So with R15 of the firmware seeming to fix my problems with my ISP. I am running into a new problem. I am trying to set one of my almonds up as a wired extension just for performance as it is on the opposite end of the house. I am initially cabling it directly from one of the 2 non-wan ports on the main AL3 to the WAN port on the device I would like to add. Go through the setup process and select the option to add a new almond on my main once my secondary says to but then it never syncs times out multiple times, the minute I Pull the cable from the WAN port the secondary says OH hey found a primary almond. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have tried several different cables including the cable that came with the almond 3 but no luck.

Thanks

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond 3 will not detect node when wired direct
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:15 pm »
Perhaps the Almond is not for you...

Have you said one thing positive in all your ranting about the device?. I think a lot of the issues your having are user related...
You probably didn't un-associate the satellite from the wireless mesh before trying to link it via wired... not that it should matter but..

Every post youve made is one complaint after another...

Have you actually tried to communicate with tech support directly?

These views are of a forum user and not that of Securifi....

Offline CincyAL3

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 02:51:21 pm »
Actually I'm over all pleased with the Almond just running into goofy issues as many others are. I can roll mine back to R14 and it will suddenly stop working with my ISP yet R12 and R15 both work fine so yeah not a user issue.

I try not to bother support directly until I check with other people to see if there is a known issue, their support staff is limited and I'd rather not add to their load.

Yes I un-asscoiated the node and also did a full factory reset. I guarantee it's not user error and know how to do system and network troubleshooting I'm a CCNA

If you don't have anything useful to add to a post how about not posting

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »
Just want to make sure I have it right:
Adding a node to an existing Almond 3 configured as router.
Node happily adds and works via wireless.
Node WILL NOT add when connected via wired.
Factory reset the Node, still no luck.

So, questions:
Both Node and Router are R015? If not I would recommend both being updated to the same. Sorry if I missed that earlier.
Can you factory reset your Router and try them as "new out of the box"? Understand if that would be too much of a pain... Just trying to try troubleshooting.

I had this problem early on, but the factory reset solved it for mine (on both devices). I had not configured much yet so it did not cause me any real pain.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline timothywmurray

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:18:27 pm »
I had some similar issues the day I first took my almond 3 three pack out of the box.
The first one set up fine. But the second and third would not connect.  They are connected wired and through a TP Link 16 port un-managed switch.
After more that one factory resets, and other unsuccessful attemps I finally randomly tried the update firmware on the main unit.  (at the time this upgraded from R13 to R14. )  Suddenly the two remote units could connect wired.  I'm on R15 now.

Offline tvpccr

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 10:14:09 am »
I am running 4 A3s (wired mesh) with 2 switches. One of the issues I ran into was solved both on the forums and via the support with the same recommendation that worked. I am just trying to make a point that the support network does work.

More importantly, what I would say is do not be afraid to start over. I did the entire network one time from scratch, and dropped and re-added the slave A3s a couple times. Since it is really a simple process, its really no big deal. And that is the biggest recommendation I can make- do not be afraid to start things over in part or completely.

All of that being said, I have fussed with Apple, Open Mesh, and a batch ddwrt routers and wasted countless hours with each of them trying to get things solid. I am finally happy thanks to the Almonds. Although everyone has different needs, I really encourage you to stick with it. It is such a relief to finally have a working and stable internet throughout the house.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck