Choose style:

Author Topic: Unable to connect to wifi in range extender mode  (Read 7084 times)

Offline chwats

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Unable to connect to wifi in range extender mode
« on: February 04, 2017, 06:02:49 am »
I am not able to connect to our wifi in range extender mode. It always times out on the 'waiting to find the IP' step.

I was able to set up the Almond as a router and connect to it just fine. I also reset the Almond to factory settings, but it did not resolve the issue. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Unable to connect to wifi in range extender mode
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:53:52 am »
@ chwats,

I am not able to connect to our wifi in range extender mode. It always times out on the 'waiting to find the IP' step.

I was able to set up the Almond as a router and connect to it just fine. I also reset the Almond to factory settings, but it did not resolve the issue. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Try to reboot your main router and then try running the Range Extender app by refreshing the list couple of times, ensure that the password what we are typing is absolutely correct.

Offline chwats

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 10:32:02 pm »
Thanks for getting back to me.

• I rebooted the router
  • I refreshed the list on the Almond a couple of times
  • I confirmed that the password was correct by connecting to the wifi network from another device
  • It still times out at the "Waiting to find the IP" step

I've attached a photo of the error message that displays.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 11:16:08 pm »
@ chwats,

What is the distance between your main router and Almond, and also, is that a dual band router. Try to run the Wireless WAN setup once and let us know the status. Last step, login to your main router network and check, if there is any space after the network name and ensure to check this properly.

Offline chwats

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 12:15:02 am »
I was having the connection issue even when the Almond was next to the router. Yes, it was a dual-band router. I did run the wireless WAN setup and was able to use the Almond as an access point.

I didn't have a chance to check the network name in the router because our internet provider swapped out the router with a new one (single band). The Almond can connect with this router just fine, so my issue is solved!

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck