bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: configuring ipv4 and wan address on the almond+  (Read 4256 times)

Offline wolfe4656

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
configuring ipv4 and wan address on the almond+
« on: February 12, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »
I have been trying to release my DHCP adress on my Almond to change to a new address and have been unable to change. The address when I reboot the modem and router always comes back the same. I have found that a few sites I go to Kmart shop your way rewards and monoprice wont allow access with the IP address I have now.  I am unable to find anyway to configure ipv4 DHCP address. Any changes and a reboot brings back the old address. I was thinking I may have to do a factory reset and restart. Any ideas or suggestions?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: configuring ipv4 and wan address on the almond+
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:33 pm »
@ wolfe4656,

WAN IP, specially for the consumer users is not completely in our control and it depends on your ISP, if they have provided any lease time then until then IP won't change and most of the cases,we would still get the same IP. One thing you can try is, turning of the modem and Almond+ for couple of hours or reach your ISP.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 10:34:38 am »
As stated the WAN IP is set by your ISP and is independent of the hardware used to connect to the net. I would definitely call your ISP and ask them to change it and see what is happening.

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:53:17 am »
I heard from someone that the modem will get a new IP address if you turn it off for a few hours.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:20:29 am »
I heard from someone that the modem will get a new IP address if you turn it off for a few hours.

That is ISP related, I changed accounts, was offline for 4 days and still got the same IP when I reconnected. Some ISP's send a new IP with every or nearly every modem reboot.

Offline wolfe4656

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 03:09:19 pm »
Thanks for the replies, I have talked to the provider and they state that the problem is in the router holding the address. I am going to work on it this weekend and try a few more things and call them back.

Offline wolfe4656

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:57:43 pm »
I found the answer. If you go to the status on the Almond touch screen. Then go to network. select WAN IP you will see a release and a renew touch positon. I released my IP and waited a few minutes and then renewed my IP. It brought back a new IP for me and has stayed there ever since. This is nice to Know since it is nowhere in any documentation. The ISP kept telling me that my router was holding the address and they could not renew it. I found it hard to believe but tried this and it worked.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.