Choose style:

Author Topic: Funky LCD display / re-flash ROM?  (Read 4337 times)

Offline PSelby

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Funky LCD display / re-flash ROM?
« on: August 24, 2015, 02:33:03 pm »
Hello --

Noticed the screen on my Almond+ had changed - and by changed, I mean it had gotten very small and unreadable, and tapping on icons caused overlaps of displays. Essentially, I couldn't do anything with the screen but the router was working fine. Stupidly, I did a reset. The screen is the same (unusable) but now my network name and all passwords have been reset, rendering the router unusable except via cabled connection.

Somehow the web UI password for the root account has also changed - I guess a reset also resets it? I thought about using that to at least get the wi-fi reestablished. I've tried root with no password, with "admin" and "root" - not working. Does anyone know what that gets reset to?

Are there any ideas on how I could minimally get access to the router via the web UI, another way to flash it, or ? I have opened a case with support, but they are getting back to me in 24 hours. I have teenagers that need wi-fi before then... ;-)

Thanks,

Paul

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Funky LCD display / re-flash ROM?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:34:04 pm »
@ PSelby,

I am sorry but there is no other option and issue with the LCD could be an issue with the hardware which requires replacement. However, only if you are comfortable then may be you can try this as a last option.

Open the back case of Almond+ by removing all 4 screws and you would find one golden color cable going from motherboard to the LCD, gently disconnect it and reconnect it properly(be extra careful and ensure Almond+ is completely off and disconnected from power source).  Again, try this only if you feel like comfortable.

Offline AlexK

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 04:46:56 am »
Also encountered a problem with a funky LCD Screen:
Really a non-fixable problem?
I flashed R80 again, but nothing changed.

Is there any chance to get an old R7x firmware for testing if it is a hardware or software related issue? ( Still  have access  to Web UI)
Unfortunately I deleted all files and the google drive links I've checked were all dead.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 04:38:31 pm »
@ AlexK,

No this is not an issue with the software. If you are comfortable then try the suggestions, which are provided to PSelby/

Offline Jeffmong

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:20 am »
I can confirm that removing the ribbon from the screen and re-seating it does work although after about 5 minute the screen goes dodgy again, on mine I get smaller text and overlay-ed so see double. I have done this half a dozen times and tried not touching the device in case it was getting knocked loose.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:30 am »
@ Jeffmong,

I can confirm that removing the ribbon from the screen and re-seating it does work although after about 5 minute the screen goes dodgy again, on mine I get smaller text and overlay-ed so see double. I have done this half a dozen times and tried not touching the device in case it was getting knocked loose.

It indicates an issue with the hardware, please do reach our support team at support@securifi.com.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 05:25:56 pm »
Some folks have reported the ribbon cable for the screen gets dislodged/loose hence causing the screen corruption issue...
Might be due to thermal expansion...... (my guess)
Opening it if you have the skill level to do so, and basically unplugging and replugging the screen ribbon cable has resolved it for some folks..

Wish i had known when mine went wonky. would have tried to do it.,.but Securifi replaced the hardware instead.

-J

Offline anwar.shiekh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 06:58:16 pm »
I'm a great believer in silicone oil; have brought back a lot of connectors using this.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck