Choose style:

Author Topic: GE Z-wave 12724 dimmer switch support  (Read 2554 times)

Offline td0g

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
GE Z-wave 12724 dimmer switch support
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:55:57 am »
Hi, can anyone tell me if this switch will work as a simple on/off light switch with the Almond+?  It is by far the cheapest switch I can find, which is suspicious since the actual non-dimmer switch is more than twice the price. 

Offline Frozen

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GE Z-wave 12724 dimmer switch support
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:48:11 pm »
I am just now getting into the GE switches.  That being said, I have a couple of 12724's and they are actual dimmers and not really an on/off switch. All I can see inside the almond+ app is a Dimmer option and not an on/off?  I am not too sure why this is because you can definitely turn it off but turning it on would be the trick.  If you turn on the light you still need to tell the switch (because this is a dimmer) what % percentage of the light to turn on. I have 2 of the 12723's that are actually an on/off switch.  These work very well.

So, all in all, from what I can see there really isn't an on/off function with the 12724's just a dimming feature.  So if you want it off you need to dim to 0 and for on you need to specify that as well.

Just on a side note, you can turn on/off the dimmer but you have to manually do it from the mobile application.  If you are working with Scenes or rules all you get is a dimmer selection and not an on/off.

Hope this helps.

Offline td0g

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GE Z-wave 12724 dimmer switch support
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:19:27 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I ordered one while they were on sale anyway. I was hoping to use this to turn on/off a vent fan and maybe set a timer countdown to off if it's turned on.  I'll report how it goes. 

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.