bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Super slow to act, and react!  (Read 2646 times)

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Super slow to act, and react!
« on: February 19, 2017, 05:39:05 am »
My problem is that devices on my router takes several second to respond/update... like half of the time around 6-10 seconds .. half of a time as long as 20 seconds i believe.

zwave Door sensors.. i have 2.. opening and closing the sensors works but it takes anywhere from 1second to 10 seconds for the router to update and show the status and trigger the actions.
There are a few instances that the router showed that the door sensor is CLOSE yet i've had it open for way over a few minutes already (stuck?)

it's so annoying and down right dangerous to rely on it for security!

I also have few zwave plugs and the same, when i turn them on or off, from the browser, the app, or on the router itself, it also takes an average of 6-15 seconds or so before it reacts.. sometimes even more. that is for both ON and OFF situations.

Oddly enough i have a zigbee light bulb, that i can turn on and off w/o delay. This device seems to be the only one that i have not experienced the issue with. it's snappy and responsive.(in case this info helps)..

So for example..
I openned the door sensors
turned on both smart plugs
and waited.. no reaction yet..
turned on zigbee light and it went right on....
still waiting for the other devices to react.. and suddenly they did react .. at this test i notice 1 door sensor was still at "close" status and didnt wait for that to go open anymore.. moved on.

There are no network delays im sure, im totally internal/offline here in my house. i even went as far as disconnecting the system from the internet to make sure nothing's being routed out somewhere and back..

I have tried rebooting the router as well. no help.

One plug (Aeotec)  right now is saying status ON consuming 1.823W yet the device is actually off.

I've had this setup for almost a month now and it seems to be problem free. Noticed occasional delays but nothing as bad as today.

My setup is:
Almond PLus
zwave Schlage Door sensor
zwave TKB PLug
zwave Aeotec PLug
and a few inactive devices i was playing around with..

Added
- zwave Heiman door sensor
- zwave smart plug
- zigbee dimmable light
- zigbee smoke detector door sensor

I've also tried removing all rules and scenes.. rebooted.. and still no improvement..

tried removing all the zigbee device (dimmable light and siren) in case that makes any difference , reboot, still no improvement.

Im out of ideas. I'd hate to reset the router as i have setup my wireless network neatly already. tsk

:(

Offline umami

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Super slow to act, and react!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:20:38 pm »
It's a long shot, but make sure you don't have any rules that have missing devices, or overlap with scene programming. My system lags improved drastically when I found I had a scene and rule that were programmed to do nearly identical things.

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Super slow to act, and react!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:37:26 pm »
It's a long shot, but make sure you don't have any rules that have missing devices, or overlap with scene programming. My system lags improved drastically when I found I had a scene and rule that were programmed to do nearly identical things.

hmm i see how this can cause some sort of lag. although it shouldn't.. but i removed all rules and scenes :(

anyway i was able to fix it, sort off. FACTORY RESET didnt work, as the devices and other HA settings were still there. so i tried the  REMOVE ALL devices instead and that seems to start me off clean.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.