bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Why is the delay rule limited to 4 min 59 sec?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline bebopblues

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Why is the delay rule limited to 4 min 59 sec?
« on: February 19, 2017, 08:31:14 pm »
I like to set it to somthing like 30 mins delay.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Why is the delay rule limited to 4 min 59 sec?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 06:51:22 am »
It is something that comes up often enough. I have no good answer for why. But there is something of a workaround. You can add multiple THEN actions that do nothing different. For example, if you want a fan on for 30min after a button was pushed:
IF Button On THEN Fan On + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan Off.

Your mileage might vary a bit. I have used it for 10 and 15min "pauses". Yes... I know it is not 5min, but close enough.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline bebopblues

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:23:51 pm »
It is something that comes up often enough. I have no good answer for why. But there is something of a workaround. You can add multiple THEN actions that do nothing different. For example, if you want a fan on for 30min after a button was pushed:
IF Button On THEN Fan On + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan On (with 5min delay) + Fan Off.

Your mileage might vary a bit. I have used it for 10 and 15min "pauses". Yes... I know it is not 5min, but close enough.

That's ridiculous (with 5 min delay) + That's ridiculous (with 5 min delay) + That's ridiculous (with 5 min delay) + That's ridiculous (with 5 min delay) + That's ridiculous (with 5 min delay) + That's ridiculous (with 5 min delay).

It seems like a simple change to make in the firmware.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 07:24:38 pm »
Cannot argue it. I also am not a fan of having to use such a workaround. But it IS a way until they do make such a change. Plus it is one that can be easily removed ones they do (since you can easily edit a rule, up the delay once available and delete the extra Rules).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 18 queries.