Choose style:

Author Topic: Factory reset didnt clear my Smart Home settings/sensors.. how to reset?  (Read 3492 times)

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hi guys

I factory reset my almond plus Router (latest firmware as of posting).
I hard reset it via the hard reset button

It went through the reset and reboot thing then im was taken to the initial screen. all good so far

went into my sensors list and all my sensors are still there!

I wanted a clean slate, start fresh because of some really weird issues i've been noticing and troubleshooting..
So, how do i factory reset the router including its home automation configuration?

Please help.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Factory reset didnt clear my Smart Home settings/sensors.. how to reset?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:33:48 am »
@ BrownChiLD,

Hi guys

I factory reset my almond plus Router (latest firmware as of posting).
I hard reset it via the hard reset button

It went through the reset and reboot thing then im was taken to the initial screen. all good so far

went into my sensors list and all my sensors are still there!

I wanted a clean slate, start fresh because of some really weird issues i've been noticing and troubleshooting..
So, how do i factory reset the router including its home automation configuration?

Please help.

Factory reset, would not make any changes with the Home Automation. In your situation, "Remove All sensors" may work, but ensure that you have to follow the proper removal process for the Z-wave sensors before adding.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:48:17 pm »
I would not recommend the remove all since most people screw it up. To remove Z Wave devices you need to put each device into removal/exclusion mode and then hit remove from the Almond+ (or any Z wave gateway). Zigbee devices need to be reset and then manually deleted from the list of sensors.

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:03:27 pm »
@ BrownChiLD,

Factory reset, would not make any changes with the Home Automation. In your situation, "Remove All sensors" may work, but ensure that you have to follow the proper removal process for the Z-wave sensors before adding.

Thanks ashok, so there is no factory reset for the HA side of Almond? I tried the Remove all Sensors , it seem to have done the trick. when i add devices the enumeration starts at #1 2 3 and so on.

BUT, when i visited the web GUI, I was surprised to see the RULES still there, and that my network devices were still identified (laptop, mobile phone, etc)  .. So ROUTER factory reset + REMOVE ALL Sensors  = still not a complete factory GOOD AS NEW reset for almond because traces of old data are still there :(

I really wanted to start fresh to rule out issues. :(

I would not recommend the remove all since most people screw it up. To remove Z Wave devices you need to put each device into removal/exclusion mode and then hit remove from the Almond+ (or any Z wave gateway). Zigbee devices need to be reset and then manually deleted from the list of sensors.

Umm isn't that the other way around? Most instructions says to set / remove from Hub FIRST, then do the exclusion method for the smart device. so w/c is the right way?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 07:08:13 pm »
Order doesn't matter as long as both are actively in that mode.  ;D

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 18 queries.