Choose style:

Author Topic: Has anyone been using A+ as a bridge and able to use home automation?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline jjhung88

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I thought when I tried bridge mode, I cannot use zwave or zigbee device. Can someone confirm if it is true that home automation only works in bridge mode?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Has anyone been using A+ as a bridge and able to use home automation?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:22:12 am »
@ jjhung88,

I thought when I tried bridge mode, I cannot use zwave or zigbee device. Can someone confirm if it is true that home automation only works in bridge mode?

Nothing like that, Internet is required only for using the Cloud features and Home Automation works irrespective of internet and mode.

Offline ITAsmar

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Has anyone been using A+ as a bridge and able to use home automation?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:34:48 pm »
@ jjhung88,

Nothing like that, Internet is required only for using the Cloud features and Home Automation works irrespective of internet and mode.

Thanks. Good to know.  I will probably use it as my main router, but I still wondered about this use case (HA features when it's an extender).

I'm currently using an Asus AC87R, but it's been pretty buggy at times, needing manual reboots. It has issues with the 5Ghz signal. It's range drops off dramatically compared to the 2.5Ghz at a certain threshold and becomes very unreliable.  Sometimes it drops the 5 Ghz signal completely and stops broadcasting it!

So may try the Almond+ as my main router to compare performance.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.