bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Random Restarts of Almond+  (Read 9607 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Random Restarts of Almond+
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:21 pm »
Third log file

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 01:03:23 pm »
I know this is kind like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but since I got a separate wireless router and removed all WiFi functions from my Almond+ I haven't had any random restarts.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 05:41:56 pm »
I know this is kind like cutting off your nose to spite your face, but since I got a separate wireless router and removed all WiFi functions from my Almond+ I haven't had any random restarts.

I am almost at that point. I like Securifi and they have been very helpful in the past. I hope this information will help them resolve the issue. That would help the product itself.

Big picture, If they don't have a decent router (that doesn't restart multiple times every day), or a HA platform that is mature (Securifi still has a ways to go), I don't know how they can be successful. I am happy to help them make the product better if they are interested, but at some point, I am going to have to give up.

Right now, I have a separate router for my work laptop because this affected my work a lot.

P.S. Three restarts today

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:05:14 pm by d.kiran »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 09:22:51 am »
@ d.kiran,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and really wish, we had a solution for this there is no issues with the similar kind of setup at our end. But, we are still working on it and will get back as soon as I get an update.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:24:48 am by Ashok »

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 02:19:14 pm »
I am almost at that point. I like Securifi and they have been very helpful in the past. I hope this information will help them resolve the issue. That would help the product itself.

Big picture, If they don't have a decent router (that doesn't restart multiple times every day), or a HA platform that is mature (Securifi still has a ways to go), I don't know how they can be successful. I am happy to help them make the product better if they are interested, but at some point, I am going to have to give up.

Right now, I have a separate router for my work laptop because this affected my work a lot.

P.S. Three restarts today

I do miss the presence detection, but I don't miss the terrible WiFi. Worth the trade off. I suspect it is heat related, as even without WiFi my Almond+ runs warmer than seems reasonable.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »
I do miss the presence detection, but I don't miss the terrible WiFi. Worth the trade off. I suspect it is heat related, as even without WiFi my Almond+ runs warmer than seems reasonable.

I think that is a reasonable guess. Mine is warmer than what it used to. I just searched to see if there was a market solution for this and came across this gem -

http://gizmodo.com/5795497/you-better-buy-this-router-cooler-because-your-router-might-be-on-fire-right-now

I guess this provides some much needed levity.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:56:07 pm by d.kiran »

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 10:39:40 am »
I took my smartthings water sensor which has a temperature sensor as well. It currently shows at 105. I will try to see if it becomes hotter just before restart. I just moved it from Kitchen sink and put it on top of the router.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 09:53:05 am »
Just a quick update from my side. My Almond wireless router starting acting up again. Restarting 6 times in the middle of a netflix movie.

At this point, I have disabled the both the Wifi radios and using it as a wired router and purchased an AC-RT68U. I just realized that the Wifi Almond+ has never been even remotely as fast as the Asus even on its best days.

As you know, I am highly supportive of the work Securifi is doing, but the wifi in Almond+ is surprisingly bad and I just did not realize this. As a wired router, it is performing ok.

However, what is surprising is that, my gigabit ethernet is kinda slow to respond when compared to the wifi even when the wifi router is actually connected in AP mode to Almond+.

This tells me that something is seriously wrong with the network stack on the Almond+especially around DNS resolutions.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.