Choose style:

Author Topic: Status integrity issue: almond doesn't stay offline/online aware?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hi guys

Almond doesn't seem to indicate if a device is out of range, or offline.. it just sticks w/ the last status it got!! :(

Shocked to find this out today (i never really thought to check because it was an obvious basic feature that the gateway must have.

Surely people at securifi thought of adding this feature as it is so important to know if the devices is actually still there or has timed out.. specially security sensors and such.  :(

I hope im just doing something wrong here :(

regards

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Status integrity issue: almond doesn't stay offline/online aware?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:25:00 am »
wow. no one else bothered by this?
this should be one of the most basic feature of any smart gateway. "sensor awareness" so that we can have peace of mind that all sensors are up and accounted for.

:(

Offline tonythetech

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Status integrity issue: almond doesn't stay offline/online aware?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:46:39 pm »
I would like to have a rule so that if a device goes offline, I can react. I could put a smart lightbulb in a lamp and use the manual switch to turn off the other lamp when I power off the main one.

Of course, there may be technical reasons why the hub doesn't want to poll devices - maybe wear their batteries out...

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.