Choose style:

Author Topic: automation variables  (Read 4487 times)

Offline tomburford

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
automation variables
« on: March 05, 2017, 05:14:25 pm »
Hi

i am new to the almond router but i have a but of an understanding of automation for show control systems from live events. i was wondering is there a way in the almond to have variables. for example the home/away switch, you may want a series of events to change a variable and one or more variables could be a trigger to a rule. this is not uncommon in the show control systems i use and it can be implemented in a very simple way that can allow good conditional logic to be applied to your rules.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: automation variables
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:34:10 pm »
At this time Almonds do not have variables.

The only "workaround" to this can be using another device that you have as a spare...

It is definitely something on the "requested" features list they have somewhere.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline tomburford

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:19:55 am »
Thanks fillibar,  good idea of using a random object as a variable, that could get expensive.

i look forward to updates then, i i wanted to add feature requests to this list, how would i best go about this?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:30:11 am »
Putting the request into the Ideas/Feature Request section is the right spot. I have just moved this thread to it. As for spare devices... It could be. But you could use a dimmer of some variety. That gives you % values and you could use specific values for different things. Or assign ranges to tasks...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck