bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Parental controls not using Wifi off Securifi  (Read 4106 times)

Offline ryan8382

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Parental controls not using Wifi off Securifi
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:40:13 am »
I recently bought an Almond3 and don't use the Wifi. I use OpenMesh for Wifi. I recently turned on the IoT security option and saw something about Parental controls. I'm wondering where that is and how I can use it.

I also noticed that all of my devices show as wired which is understandable since from the Almond point of view it is wired but is there any way to change it? Or possible integration with OpenMesh?

Last is user category can we create more categories? Can we create rules for devices?

Offline hitesh_manwar

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Parental controls not using Wifi off Securifi
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:34:53 am »
Hey Ryan8382,

The parental control option in IoT security refers to the Web history monitoring and the data usage. You can check the sites visited and data consumed by each of your network devices. You can access this feature by clicking the history icon in each of the network devices tiles. If you have selected your device type as one of the IoT devices, history icon will change to a shield icon and you can view the outbound traffic from those IoT devices. The other parental control feature involves scheduling and blocking of the network devices, which is a free feature and can be accessed by clicking the wrench icon in the network devices tile and clicking on "Alow on network"

These features will work only if your Network Devices are connected to Almond. We do not have any roadmap for integration with OpenMesh as of now.
Having said that, we will definitely be exploring it further.

As of now, we segregate sites based on 83 categories and it is not possible to add new categories. We crowdsource the movie ratings pertaining to each category and it may change based on user feedbacks.

You can use devices in the rules for Wifi presence, which allows you to trigger any rule based on whether your phone/Network device is connected to WiFi.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck