Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond 3 Siren Demo?  (Read 4960 times)

Offline parasane

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond 3 Siren Demo?
« on: April 06, 2017, 10:50:57 am »
Greetings, everyone.

After about five weeks of pure joy with the Almond+, I'm about to jump in and grab a few more.  However, for a specific reason, I'm also considering incorporating an Almond 3 into the fleet.  I have a three-year-old who routinely takes it upon himself to open the front door and walk out onto the porch.  Ideally, I'd integrate the door alarm with the Almond 3's siren, but I don't want to jump out of my skin every time someone opens the door, nor do I want to wake the whole house up any time my wife or I use the front door when the kids are asleep.

For the last several days, I've been searching - to no avail - for an audio or video demo of the Almond 3's siren, to get an idea on the decibel level and the actual sound of the default alarm.  I can't find the dB level listed in any of the tech specs either.  Does anyone have a link to a demo of the siren handy, or would anyone be willing to create just a three-second video to demonstrate the sound?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond 3 Siren Demo?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 04:50:42 pm »
@ parasane,

Greetings, everyone.

After about five weeks of pure joy with the Almond+, I'm about to jump in and grab a few more.  However, for a specific reason, I'm also considering incorporating an Almond 3 into the fleet.  I have a three-year-old who routinely takes it upon himself to open the front door and walk out onto the porch.  Ideally, I'd integrate the door alarm with the Almond 3's siren, but I don't want to jump out of my skin every time someone opens the door, nor do I want to wake the whole house up any time my wife or I use the front door when the kids are asleep.

For the last several days, I've been searching - to no avail - for an audio or video demo of the Almond 3's siren, to get an idea on the decibel level and the actual sound of the default alarm.  I can't find the dB level listed in any of the tech specs either.  Does anyone have a link to a demo of the siren handy, or would anyone be willing to create just a three-second video to demonstrate the sound?

Sound of Siren is 115-120 db, however, you got 3 levels "Low" "Medium" and "High" and low would be best in your case and accordingly, you can change it as per your requirement.

Offline parasane

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:13:47 pm »
Okay.  At the low end, 115 dB is about equivalent to a leaf blower, so that'll be too loud to use as a simple door alert.  Nice for security warnings, though.

Thanks for the clarification.

P.S. - Since you're a staff member, you might want to tell your web/IT staff that their outgoing mail systems aren't configured properly.  It's using the AWS internal hostname as the DNS name, so I had to temporarily reconfigure my Exim to ignore hostname lookups in order to receive my email verification email earlier today.  It's probably causing a lot of signups to never be able to complete, because the MTA will just outright refuse to service the client.

Thanks again.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 06:15:31 pm »
The 115-120 dB value is the high. I do not find much difference between Low and Medium (they are noticeably different but I could never tell you which one is which just listening to it without hearing them in order) but High is substantially louder.

Sorry, but I have no way to test it nor give you an accurate recording.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:40:25 am »
@ parasane, fillibar,

Sorry, just got a clarification that  the sound of Siren is between 90-100 db. Thank you!

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.

bottleneck