bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Fibaro RGBW Micro Controller  (Read 4808 times)

Offline jadeboy

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Fibaro RGBW Micro Controller
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:43:18 pm »
Anyone know if support for this has been added for the Fibaro RGBW Micro Controller?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Fibaro RGBW Micro Controller
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 02:56:42 pm »
I do not know if anyone has specifically tried it. But there are other RGBW controllers that work such as the Dresden FLS-PP or the Lightify RGBW strip or garden spots that have been used. I have Dresdens and Lightify Garden Spots. Both types have worked well, although the UI for each is more geared towards indoor controllable lights (with things like color temperature). But, there is a color selector and you can control the colors in Rules and such.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline jadeboy

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:42:09 pm »
The Dresden FLS-PP seems to be a good option, but it's even most expensive than the Fibaro.

According to a seller on Amazon:

We do not have an Almond Plus, but we do have the new Almond 3 and just finished testing it in our testing dept to see if we could help answer your question. It DOES work with Almond 3 to some degree, it included very nicely and you have good on/off/dim/bright control of a LED strip we wired into the Fibaro RGBW. However, there is no color control from within the Almond interface so that may be a deal breaker. You could hardwire in your colors but as far as I know, only one at a time, so that might only be good for one solid color. There is no reason for me to believe your Almond + would be any different, however to be sure, you may want to check with Securifi. Hope that helps!

So it partly works on the Almond 3, does anymore know if the firmware/software support for home automation for the almond + is the same as the almond 3 ?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:59:31 pm »
I got my Dresden's on sale (I do not think I have bought any HA device that was not on sale/clearance or eBay) do I did not know recent prices.

I know my Almond+ and Almond 3 both have color wheels to select what color I want on the LED strip. But W control is not controllable separate.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.