Choose style:

Author Topic: Standalone Device Trigger App  (Read 4957 times)

Offline alpjor

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Standalone Device Trigger App
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:33:10 pm »
I want a small, simple, app that just has triggers for my device switches.

I know that I can share access to my entire almond account with another user (and I do with my wife), but I want to be able to give a few other people (my in-laws and parents, my nanny, etc) access to a small subset of the controls offered w/o giving them access to everything. Ideally, this would be some sort of shareable "app" that they could install on their own phones that would enable them to control my house when they're connected to my wifi. Maybe just a grid of switches as the interface, nothing fancy. Is this possible? Is there some product I couldn't find that does this already?

Offline alpjor

• Backer
Re: Standalone Device Trigger App
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:05:35 pm »
Okay, I was kinda able to make this work by using IFTTT. I can't make a grid of switches like I wanted, but if I put each switch into it's own scene and I use the "trigger scene" action in the IFTTT Almond+ Cookbook, then I can make App Buttons to do certain things. Not ideal, but it works. Anyone have anything better out there?

Offline hitesh_manwar

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:03:43 am »
@alpjor

I think Almond click can be of help here. It's a programmable zigbee button which you can use with IFTTT as well as Almond to control scenes and devices in your home. You can give one Almond click to each of your family members.

You can get more details from the below-mentioned link:

https://www.securifi.com/rg/almondclick

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:21:06 am »
Okay, I was kinda able to make this work by using IFTTT. I can't make a grid of switches like I wanted, but if I put each switch into it's own scene and I use the "trigger scene" action in the IFTTT Almond+ Cookbook, then I can make App Buttons to do certain things. Not ideal, but it works. Anyone have anything better out there?

The IFTTT large button allows you to scroll through the scenes to activate. That may help. I think IFTTT is the best option at this point and for manual controls the Click would also work well and can attach to a lanyard / keychain etc. What you are looking for is known as account privileges  which has been mentioned here but as of now there are none in place and I don't know if Securifi is planning to add any.

Offline alpjor

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 01:07:39 am »
thanks @mparadis and @mhitesh_manwar These are both good suggestions. I'd prefer not to give people more physical things, part of the point is to have fewer keys for things, but the Click's are not a bad idea. You're right about the missing account privileges feature, but even with full account privileges I can see the benefit from having a simpler app that just shows the IoT devices. my 2c.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck