Choose style:

Author Topic: Feature request: "Activate Rule" and "Deactivate Rule" actions  (Read 2096 times)

Offline mfoust

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have a feature request. I'd like to be able to use actions to activate and deactivate rules.

Background & use case:

I have a circadian rhythm disorder and I replaced my sunrise simulator with Z-wave dimmers. Every morning, Almond+ slowly increases the brightness of the lights in my bedroom to help me wake up.

In order to accomplish that, I have a rule that looks like this:

• Precisely at 6:45am every morning
  • Set Bedroom Lights dim level = 5%
  • Wait 300 seconds, set Bedroom Lights dimmer level = 10%
  • Wait 300 seconds, set Bedroom Lights dimmer level = 15%
  • Wait 300 seconds, set Bedroom Lights dimmer level = 20%
  • ... and so on until the lights are at 100% brightness.

Then at 10:00 am the lights turn off automatically.

This works great in every way... except one. There is only one way to stop this rule once it fires, and that's to go into the mobile app or web GUI and deactivate it.

Let's say I get up and leave for work and my partner wants to sleep in. I have to into the app, deactivate the rule, and remember to reactivate it later. This is okay but a little awkward.

What I really want is to use an Almond Click to kill the rule. That way I can put a Click on my partner's side of the bed and tell her "if you want the lights to stop getting brighter, just press this."

Other possible use cases that come to mind:

A Z-Wave smoke detector that you can deactivate while cooking.
Internal door sensors that send you notifications if they're opened, which you can turn off if you have a housesitter.

Here's a mockup of how I imagine it might look in the GUI:

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.