Choose style:

Author Topic: AP Mode the right method to extend smart devices?  (Read 3426 times)

Offline td0g

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
AP Mode the right method to extend smart devices?
« on: April 07, 2017, 09:06:03 pm »
Hi, I have an Almond 2015 connected to the internet in my house, set up with an ID and I can see it on the iOS app, I can control the one peanut plug on it.  I have an Almond+ in the garage in AP mode, it has a wired connection back to the Almond 2015.  It has a thermostat on it.    I incorrectly assumed that the Almond 2015 would recognize the thermostat and add it to the available devices in the app, but this is not the case.  Do I have to generate an ID for the Almond+ and switch between multiple Almond IDs to use the devices on different hubs in the same network?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: AP Mode the right method to extend smart devices?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »
@ td0g,

Hi, I have an Almond 2015 connected to the internet in my house, set up with an ID and I can see it on the iOS app, I can control the one peanut plug on it.  I have an Almond+ in the garage in AP mode, it has a wired connection back to the Almond 2015.  It has a thermostat on it.    I incorrectly assumed that the Almond 2015 would recognize the thermostat and add it to the available devices in the app, but this is not the case.  Do I have to generate an ID for the Almond+ and switch between multiple Almond IDs to use the devices on different hubs in the same network?

Yes.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck