Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond 3 locks up with blank white screen  (Read 44361 times)

Offline Rod

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond 3 locks up with blank white screen
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 08:41:25 pm »
Any solution for this problem? I am experiencing the same issue plus drop signals 5 to 6 times a day. Really annoying. All start happening after the latest update.

Offline mfierro211

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 02:50:48 pm »
Hello,  I’ve been experiencing this issue for sometime now.  I have updated to the latest firmware AL3-R024-64mb and it was good for about 3 days.  I have a ticket opened with support and have sent them logs and pictures.  Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?  Please help..

Thx

Offline jloveka

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 09:10:50 pm »
I have been experiencing the same issue with all 3 of my almond 3 devices. They are placed in the open so no chance they are overheating. They come back to life after a power cycle but inevitably lock up again in a day or two. Considering dumping them but after sinking money into 3 of them it would be nice not to have to!!

Offline punkorambo

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 10:00:30 am »
I had a similar problem where my A3 would be powered on but the screen didn't work and I couldn't access it through the app. Upon hard reboot my screen would freeze on a white screen. If I unplugged my device for 10 minutes and put power back in, it would boot normally and work for 2-4 weeks before the problem happened again.  It ended up being caused by overheating and my device was under warranty so I exchanged it. My device was out in the open and not enclosed in a cabinet or anywhere with low air flow.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 12:44:58 pm »
@ punkorambo, jloveka

Please do reach our support team at support@securifi.com and will get the units replaced.

Offline max_g

• Peanut
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 04:33:29 pm »
hadnt got this problem before upgrading to r24 but now i m starting to get these white screen lock ups.

the almond 3 router seems to work again after a powerdown and reboot but its a nightmare if the internet dies whilst we are out or away.

Offline Flyby

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 07:30:55 am »
Checking in to see if there was any resolution on this, it just became an issue for me.  We had an area 5-10 sec power loss so I have been blaming this on powerline work but it's been too long.  Was blaming cable, but it's Almond, white screen - no data.  No physical/connection/location/setup changes.  Have to reboot and keep your fingers crossed.

If someone who knows could give me a heads up if this is a known-but-unresolved issue, it would be a big help.  I'd rather change it out now than a week from now.

Offline Fire69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 12:59:54 am »
Just saw this topic!
Have the same issue, but had only looked in the beta-forum  ???
https://forum.securifi.com/index.php?topic=6093.msg30710

Glad I'm not alone in this.  Hope that mailing to support will get things sorted.  :)

Offline Rod

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:10 pm »
Same issue here, it happends more than 3 times a day, do anybody have an answer and/or resolution from customer service?

Offline KelloggKid

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 01:43:59 pm »
I am having the exact same issue.  For the past 3-4 months my main A3 (the one acting as a router) drops the internet connection at least once a day.  About 70% of the time it also goes into the white screen of death mode.  I end up having to unplug it for about 10 minutes and rebooting.  We are on fiber with no modem.  The fiber line comes into the house on Cat5.  The fact that I can't keep the system up for more than 24 hours means I have no security system so if I can't figure this out pretty soon I'm going to throw my 3 A3's in the garbage and switch to something else.

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 09:47:58 am »
I am having this issue as well. For the past few weeks when the weather is hot my A3 is doing this. I had to unplug it for about 10 minutes to get it to work again. Plugging the power right away still giving me white screen which makes me think it's overheating,
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:24:36 pm by engr.jpc »

Offline KelloggKid

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 11:57:39 am »
It seems like:
     Many folks are experiencing the white screen of death
     There has been no response from Securifi on this issue
     The reports of this issue have been going on for quite some time now

I can only conclude that either Securifi has no idea what is going on or they recognize there is a basic design flaw for which there is no solution.  In any case because we rely on our wifi for security I have no choice but to go with a different vendor as I really need a system I can rely on.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
I have said this before on here somewhere, that I have had this issue with my main A3 for a very long time now. The solution I found was sitting it on top of a set of mini cooling fans. It tends to lock up due to heat. The cooling fans stop it from doing this. The only down fall to this solution is that once the fans are off for no more than ten minutes it white screen.I have only had this issue w my main A3 surprisingly neither of my satellites have ever done this even tho one sits on a radiator which gets pretty warm in the winter.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 07:31:57 am »
What about plugging one of those little USB fans into it, and have it blow right on it? That should be powered as long as the A3 is.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 09:28:20 am »
Very well could! I got mine from amazon and there are 2 wired together that plug in an outlet. I had them on a peanut plug for a bit to turn them off and on but yea they need to stay on or else the white screen 😬

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck