bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond 3 locks up with blank white screen  (Read 44353 times)

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond 3 locks up with blank white screen
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 08:21:37 am »
This issue is happening to one of my secondary S’s now. I’m positive that it happens when it is overheating. Rebooting it doesn’t fix the issue... need to wait at least 5 minutes to cool down. The one in the basement works fine because it’s not hot in there.

Offline Dragon7606

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2018, 05:26:44 pm »
This happens to me during the warmer times of the year.  In winter nothing.  Once it starts getting hot.  Frequent white screen locks and no internet connection.  I have resorted to hooking a USB fan to the AC3 and blowing directly in the vent holes.  This has helped for most of this year so far.  Except for one day where it kept locking on me after a few minutes after reboot.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2018, 10:52:12 pm »
The past couple of weeks I’ve started having this issue. It seems to be happening about every three days. I’m thinking of jumping ship to a SmartThings hub and router. The last firmware update was in March. Also the seem to jump ship on a product as soon as they bring out a new one, same thing seemed to happen with the A+.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 05:37:08 am »
Same issue here with the primary unit locking up. I finally but the bullet and reset the devices and made a secondary the primary and it seems okay so far, though I have had loss of Internet response a few times. I left the old primary offline for now.

Offline Flyby

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 07:06:28 pm »
Just bumping this topic.  I had the white screen lockup on the primary a while ago, worked with it a little but got better in it's own.  Now it is back with a vengeance, primary and one of the secondary's.  When it works speed is horrible and might only work for an hour or two.  I'm going to reset everything tomorrow and give it a day before putting in another router.

Would like to know if anyone has found a magic bullet.

Offline Flyby

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2018, 06:12:15 am »
Just an update for anyone that's following.

We recently dropped cable tv and are streaming.  Two of the three Almonds that are dropping out are ones that feed tvs, they would only drop out while watching tv.  The third Almond had no issues.  I pulled the Almonds and put in another router and, so far, no drops with the same usage pattern.

This sounds like a classic overload situation, Almonds aren't broken, they work after cooling down.  The longer I let them cool, the longer they last.  I'm going to hardwire the rest of the tvs but I think I'll leave the Almonds doing lighter duty in AP mode.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2018, 02:23:24 pm »
Just an update for anyone that's following.

We recently dropped cable tv and are streaming.  Two of the three Almonds that are dropping out are ones that feed tvs, they would only drop out while watching tv.  The third Almond had no issues.  I pulled the Almonds and put in another router and, so far, no drops with the same usage pattern.

This sounds like a classic overload situation, Almonds aren't broken, they work after cooling down.  The longer I let them cool, the longer they last.  I'm going to hardwire the rest of the tvs but I think I'll leave the Almonds doing lighter duty in AP mode.
I noticed the same thing, I had put my old AirPort Extreme back into service as my router and just used the almond for smart home functions. Ever since I did that I haven’t had one white screen lock up. Prior to that it would lock up even when I wasn’t home if my computer was doing any downloading while I was gone. All most all of devices that we’re connected at the times of lock up we’re all hardwired.

In my opinion I don’t know if it is really a heat issue, I think the almond just can’t handle sustained high data throughput. The few times it locked up when I was home the almond never felt hot to the touch I would nearly even classify it as warm.

Offline pabpoo

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2018, 06:57:24 pm »
I replaced the main poly fuse with a bigger one.  No more lookups or white screens since then.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2018, 10:29:24 am »
Now that its winter I seem to be able to use the Almond 3.. Hasn't locked up in awhile... *knock on wood*

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2018, 10:17:42 am »
I replaced the main poly fuse with a bigger one.  No more lookups or white screens since then.

Have a write-up on that?

Offline pasher

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2019, 10:36:49 am »
Has anyone had any luck with Securifi Support actually solving this problem?

Offline syshi

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2019, 09:30:59 pm »
Happened to my main almond3 connected to fiber modem. Shipped the replacement unit at own cost back to Singapore. Resolved for awhile.
Now, started for all 3 almonds used. Tried to plug in usb fans for the 2 almond in my living room and hitched and it's been working well so far. Only the Almond which is in my bedroom still freeze daily and need to be reset as i can't add in usb fan which will be noisy and disturbing my sleep.
Really thinking of jumping ship and drop the Almond 3... Frustrated as have to keep resetting the bedroom unit every night when back home...

Offline tvpccr

• Peanut
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 10:42:17 am »
Have a write-up on that?
I second that request.

Offline syshi

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2019, 11:43:09 pm »
Have a write-up on that?

Looking for this also...  using PC fan to tap on the USB port of the individual Almond for the 2 out in common area. Only the one in main bedroom is not able to add fan as it'll be too noisy at night.

Offline punkorambo

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2019, 07:10:00 pm »
Have now had this happen to three different A3s, the second that was my main router. I can quickly see myself getting tired of manually inputting all of the users and devices again.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.