bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond connects briefly, then drops  (Read 4806 times)

Offline mrsnak

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond connects briefly, then drops
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »
Using my 2 as range extenders. Have had them for about year. High speed cable modem feeding into a Linksis  WRI 1900. Direct wifi connections (when in range) are flawless. The Almonds tend to work for a month or so, then drop connections. Resetting is always a black art, with multiple reset sessions over a couple days necessary before the Almond decides to "take." Usually get them back up after couple hours of fiddling.
I can't be the only one who's had these issues. Ready to toss these and hardwire the house.
Any thoughts on a more permanent fix?

Offline mrsnak

Re: Almond connects briefly, then drops
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 01:08:23 pm »
Just an update. After spending some time last night unplugging, resetting, etc. main router and Almond. I finally got one of the Almonds to "take". Same passwords, same settings, same everything. It still is holding a connection this AM. Once again, no idea of the "voodoo" required to finally get it to work. Any thoughts?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 04:05:52 pm »
@ mrsnak,

As long as nothing is changed on the main router, we shouldn't be facing any issues at all, could you please verify the firmware version of Almond?

Offline mrsnak

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »
It has been stable now since my last post. Just looked today and there was a new software update available. Installing it. Prior to that, I've always had the latest.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck