Choose style:

Author Topic: How to setup Alarm rule  (Read 3509 times)

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
How to setup Alarm rule
« on: May 01, 2017, 04:49:08 pm »
Hi All,

I am trying to make a rule so when my A3 is set as away and one of my doors/windows is opened the siren will alarm but I can't figure it out. Here's my rules.

IF Away and door1 open THEN siren ON wait 45 secs
IF Disarm (using keyfob)  THEN Home and siren OFF wait 45 secs

the problem on the above rules is that if I open door1 and disarm using keyfob the siren still goes off after 45 seconds... and the siren will not alarm of course if I disarm it prior to open the door.

so what I did as a work around is below:

IF Away and door1 open THEN siren ON wait 45 secs
IF Disarm (using scurifi keyfob)  THEN Home and siren OFF wait 46 secs

The only issue with the above is if I open the door and disarm using the keyfod, the siren will alarm after 45 sec for few secs and turns off automatically.

Not sure how I can create home/away rules using door/siren/securifi keyfob devices.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: How to setup Alarm rule
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:46:29 pm »
There is no way to prevent a rule from performing ALL actions once it has been triggered. There is no way to interrupt them.
So what you are seeing with the first one is that it sees Away and Door1 Open... it will trigger whatever the actions are.
Waits are only used to delay multiple actions. For instance, if you want to have a light come on for a minute when you open a door, then go off a minute later you would have Light On AND Light Off with a Wait of 1 minute.

Mine is similar in that I have:
IF Away and Sliding Door Open THEN Alarm On
I have separate rules to set the system to Home if my smartphone is on the network (as a presence sensor). I also made a rule to:
IF Home and Alarm On THEN Alarm Off

That way even if it IS triggering (say I opened a door before my phone joined the network) it will turn off. No matter what though, if Away and Door Open are met... that Alarm will be making noise for some period of time.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.