bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Dropping Connection  (Read 3300 times)

Offline pdefranco

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Dropping Connection
« on: May 11, 2017, 10:02:25 pm »
I have been having a problem with my connection dropping for a minute or 2 throughout the day. I put an uptime monitor on one of the PCs and verified this was a common occurrence.  Before calling the cable company, I unplugged the Almond and wired the pc with the uptime program directly into the modem.  Connection stayed up all night.  Reconnected the Almond and had no issues for the next day or 2 (Almond was powered off that first night). The dropping has started again.  It's not just one pc, it is all of them as I can see them on TeamViewer while at work.
What am I missing?

Offline PhilShifley

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Dropping Connection
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 03:56:08 pm »
Did this issue resolve itself for you?

I have a similar issue ongoing for a couple months. The 5Ghz AC connection stops delivering data then drops. When switching devices to use the 2.5Ghz AC connection everything works fine. To make sure it wasn't wireless interference or an issue with the modem I hooked up my old router. No issues whatsoever on any frequency over the course of weeks. The Almond+ 5GHz AC connection is basically worthless at this point since it can't reliably deliver data for any 1 day period without multiple drop outs.

Offline Fusion R53

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 10:30:50 pm »
Same problem. I have given up on this router now, wish id never bought the thing.

Offline arckal

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:51:36 pm »
I have been seeing this very same behavior since couple of months. I was told to set up an event to restart the router at midnight 3:00 am. I think it did not solve the issue.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 08:18:14 am »
You should send the logs when you are having issues. I urge anyone with these issues to contact Securifi Support, they are generally very helpful and it seems a handful of people here are having these issues. I would recommend a reset of the router and check to see if anything nearby could be causing interference (devices such as large electronics, microwaves, other wireless devices can all cause interference). I use an app that checks for wireless congestion as well since these problems can also be related to congested airways and a different channel may be needed.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck