bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond2015 as Wireless Bridge - Connections are not visable on main network  (Read 4111 times)

Offline rosingjh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have an almond+ as my main router. I have an Almond2015 in another room that is meant to act as a wireless bridge.  However, only some LAN connections are being seen network wide when connected to the bridge, as others seem to be blocked and not visible on the main network.  I have the Almond2015 in transparent Range Extender Mode, the connections that seem to have the most trouble are computers.

An example of the issue is I have a Steam Link set up connected to my main router (Almond+) and the computer running steam connected to the Almond 2015 in bridge mode.  The steam link can't find any computer running steam on the network as the computer connected tot he Almond 2015 is only discoverable on the defunct "Range Extender network".

Also is there a way to turn off the secondary wireless network in Range Extender mode?

Offline Shazster

Is your 2015 creating a wireless network name that appends the suffix "ext" or something similar at the end?
I have been running essentially the same setup as you (and variations) for a while: Almond+ as main Router, A2015 as wireless repeater (then later ran cable between the two and ran the A2015 as a wired AP). I've since  moved it out father on the property and back to wireless repeater.
Have you tried setting the network name and channel on your A2015 to exactly match your A+?

Offline rosingjh

Hi, yes there is an ext network created.  I.have had.it the same SSN but not.sure.if that would fix the issue with the computer not being discoverable, will it?  I'll will try this again however.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck