Choose style:

Author Topic: Bosch Wireless PIR - ISW-ZPR1-WP13  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Average_Joe_69

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Bosch Wireless PIR - ISW-ZPR1-WP13
« on: May 23, 2017, 08:06:13 am »
Morning All!

I picked up a couple of these Bosch Wireless Motion Detectors in hopes they would work well with my A3. The device "seemed" to pair just fine with the A3, but came up as an unknown device.  The walk test worked as instructed in the Bosch instructions but after the walk test, the unit seemed to be unresponsive (no red light indicating movement). In the Almond app, the Motion shows up in rules as a trigger but there is nothing to select from after Motion is highlighted.

I'm still fairly new to setting up the home automation device, but I have tried unpairing and repairing the device and have the same results.

AJ-

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Bosch_ZigBee_Wireles_Data_sheet_enUS_14786372619.pdf

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Bosch Wireless PIR - ISW-ZPR1-WP13
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 08:17:58 am »
I was able to pair one readily and the other I had to remove and pair again a couple times. I am personally finding these kind of flaky. They stop noticing movement for some reason. But if I open if up (triggering the tamper switch) close them, they seem to work again for a bit.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Average_Joe_69

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:36:29 am »
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try removing and pairing again later when I get home from work.

AJ-

Offline Average_Joe_69

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 08:06:53 am »
Thanks again for your help!

I was able to pair the device. I think I had it paired fine all along, and realized two things: First, when in standard operating mode, the red light does not come on to indicate the motion has tripped. and second, I forgot about the three-minute "reset" time once the motion is tripped, three minutes will span before it will send another detection.

The device still won't let me set up rules/scenes though. Is that normal? I should just have it set up to notify me when motion is detected and that will be my only option?

AJ

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 08:13:50 am »
That is also odd... I can see mine in the apps Rules section. Screenshot...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Average_Joe_69

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 08:20:44 am »
Hmm, maybe I just need to keep removing and repairing until it shows up. I see activity if I go into the device on the App. I also see the Motion/No Motion working on the A3 itself under connected sensors. I just don't see the options in the rules.

I picked up a couple of these motions, I'll work back and forth with both of them to see what happens. Will keep posted.

Thanks for the screenshot BTW, It's helpful!

Offline Average_Joe_69

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 01:07:58 pm »
Maybe there has been an update to the sensor causing the A3 not to play well with it. I've tried removing and pairing several times as well as tried the second motion I purchased with the same result. The device adds, but I can't use it in the rules and I can't get it to show any activity in history either.

I had to walk away and will try another cycle of pairing, removing and re pairing to see if that will work.

AJ

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.