bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: exFAT Support  (Read 2375 times)

Offline ridernf

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
exFAT Support
« on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:27 am »
Hello Forum,

I just got my new Almond+ (after getting a broken one) and I am configuring it

I have a exFAT formated disk and altough I see the fuseblk option for the FS type, it doesn't seem to work

My previous media server was a really crappy one and supported that without an issue

Can you please help ?

Thanks

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: exFAT Support
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 06:48:20 pm »
I think whatever I have attempted to hook up to the A+ as storage has been formatted NTFS.
I also had very little luck running it to serve out media (unit overheated to the point of shutdown...so good luck with that.) I would start with basic file service to your network, run it for a few hours and CLOSELY monitor it. If it seems fine, turn on the media service option and again see if it overheats. If it gets hot, shut it down, disconnect your drive and discontinue service. If your unit is mounted flush to the wall, watch it even more closely. Even without running file service it gets hot enough to be worrisome. In the end, I modded the "stand up" plate to be my wall mount instead of the supplied flush wall mount. That seems to give it enough air circulation.
Your drive should be an externally powered unit also. In the end I went with a dedicated PC unit running Logitech Media Server (among other things) instead of using the A+ to serve out my tunes.
Let us know how it works out.

Offline ridernf

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: exFAT Support
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:12 pm »
I formatted as ext4 and that worked fine

Now I am struggling with SAMBA - This doesn't work

I can't define my shares on the Web Interface and obviously they don't get configured out of the blue

Anyone managed to get samba working ?

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.