bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Anyone experiencing frequent WiFi drops  (Read 13920 times)

Offline Ab

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Anyone experiencing frequent WiFi drops
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:37:59 pm »
I'm experiencing frequent  internet connection drops on my Windows 10 PC's connected to Almond+.
  • Android devices remain connected to the internet over WiFi
  • Wired devices do not loose internet connections
  • WiFi enabled TV's didn't show an issue till yesterday"

• My PC's remain connected to the network over WiFi, but show "No Internet access". Turning WiFi ON/Off on the PC at times will resolve but most often I must switch bands 2.4 to 5Ghz or vice versa to resolve. At times, this too doesn't work!

I'm at a loss :o, this has been going on for a while (couple of months) and seems only to be getting worse. At first I thought this may be a comcast issue and troubleshot this out with them or even a Windows update. My PC's work on other networks without any drops. So this seems to be localized on the A+. I Can reboot A+ and everything seems normal for a while before start acting up again.

Any suggestions on how to resolve/troubleshoot this further?

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Offline greggerca

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Anyone experiencing frequent WiFi drops
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:29:36 pm »
Yup. I have a similar issue. Mostly on the 5GHz band.
I have to reboot it nightly or every few hours.

Someone else reported that their 2.4GHz band is doing something similar.
Maybe it pertains to the devices on the band - like iOS used to cause issues on a lot of routers due to connect/disconnect behavior (DHCP would often get hoarked).

Maybe I'll try assigning a dedicated IP to more devices...

Offline Machingon

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:47:14 am »
I too have issues. Wired clients will (so far) always work fine, but the wireless gets messed up and the only way to fix it is with a reboot of the A+. The worst part is that the reboot fix is decreasingly effective, meaning the problem will come back and require a reboot every week, then every couple of days, then every day, then multiple times a day. At that point I have to reset to factory settings (and re-do all my settings) and start the process all over again.  >:(

Offline greggerca

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:57 am »
Actually, my wired connection started having issues today.

It's like the router's functionality is degrading over time...

Offline Ab

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 02:01:43 pm »
I apologize, I should have posted an update earlier ... I was waiting to see if the issue reappeared.

I found the problem on my network, which as it turns out wasn't the Almond+, but another wifi router being used as a repeater on my network that was causing conflicts. Seems to have started at some point after a power loss at home (which also seems to have cause my wired connections to misbehave) ::). Turning off the wifi on the rogue repeater resolved my issue.

back to normal!   8)

Offline PhilShifley

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 04:08:17 pm »
I've had a similar issue and am interested in a solution. The issue has been ongoing for a couple months. Its interesting all our siilar problems started around the same time. Was there some update that we didn't know about?

My issue is the 5Ghz AC connection stops delivering data but is still connected to devices then eventually drops its connection to the devices. This lead me to think it was the modem or internet connection since the wifi signal was there but no internet. Rebooting the router fixes the connection temporarily.

When switching devices to use the Almond+ 2.5Ghz AC connection everything works fine.

To make sure it wasn't wireless interference or an issue with the modem I swapped out the almond with my old router. No issues whatsoever on any frequency over the course of weeks.

Back to the Almond+ and the 5GHz AC continues its intermittent dropping of the internet then dropping the entire wifi signal to devices.  I've isolated it to the Almond+ 5 Ghz AC connection and that other routers swapped for the almond+ have no issues with the same frequency - no interference.

I'm hoping this can be fixed. Anyone have a solution?

Offline BriGuy

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 05:59:41 am »
I too am also having this issue with my Almond+, and it's definitely the router itself.  Every few minutes devices will still be connected to WiFi but the internet connection drops out.  Then the 5GHz band cuts out completely and no device can connect to it until the router is reset.  Consistently keeps happening, basically making it unusable.  Also have issues with the 2.5Ghz band as well.  Tried changing the channels on both bands in case it was interference, but keep running into the same issue.

I tested against an Asus router and don't have these issues at all, so it confirms it's the Almond+ itself.  This is quite disappointing, especially since I was a Kickstarter backer and was behind the product from the beginning.  I really hope it's something that can be fixed with a firmware update -- otherwise, I hope Securifi does the right thing and will replace the units for people who are having similar issues.

Offline apu2009

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 05:06:15 pm »
Wanted to chime in an say that I'm experiencing the same issue. Every so often my 5 ghz network just straight up fails and isn't detected by any of the devices that use it. The 2.4 ghz network is still up and works for any device connected to it though. Very curious what causes this, is there a specific section of the log that we can provide?

Offline pabpoo

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »
Same here, no internet for 15 sec on 5GHz network from time to time.Noticed this only on iOS.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:53:41 pm by pabpoo »

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 09:05:38 am »
Long standing issue with A+
You need to SSL in. Once logged in remove the WAN files.

Once loggen in

root@AlmondPlus:/# cd /sbin
root@AlmondPlus:/sbin# rm network_wan

reboot and it clears the cache and depending on how many devices you have it might be good for a few days or it might be a couple months. It got to be part of my regular maintenance schedule for A+

Offline apu2009

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »
Long standing issue with A+
You need to SSL in. Once logged in remove the WAN files.

Once loggen in

root@AlmondPlus:/# cd /sbin
root@AlmondPlus:/sbin# rm network_wan

reboot and it clears the cache and depending on how many devices you have it might be good for a few days or it might be a couple months. It got to be part of my regular maintenance schedule for A+

To be fair, I hadn't started experiencing it until very recently. But, you're a beta tester, the fact that you're saying it's a long standing issue is ridiculous. It's been a long time since the A+ was shipped as the Kickstarter reward, iIt's about time it was fixed permanently, along with the other things that are included in the router's software but don't even work (IPSec is one example). I'm gonna have to start shopping for a new router, having an uptime of less than a day at times is unacceptable.

Offline arckal

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:16 pm »
I'm experiencing frequent internet connection drops on my Windows 10 PC's and other iOS devices connected to Almond+.
Wired devices do not loose internet connections
WiFi enabled TV's don't connect at all.

Offline sriram

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 08:47:42 pm »
I'm seeing this issue now as well. Periodically the 5GHz network turns off and only the 2.4GHz network is available. A restart fixes this usually but this is not a long term option for me. Is anyone at Securifi able to reproduce this? I can send logs if needed when the 5GHz shutdown again.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 08:17:53 am »
I'm seeing this issue now as well. Periodically the 5GHz network turns off and only the 2.4GHz network is available. A restart fixes this usually but this is not a long term option for me. Is anyone at Securifi able to reproduce this? I can send logs if needed when the 5GHz shutdown again.

You should send the logs. I urge anyone with these issues to contact Securifi Support, they are generally very helpful and it seems a handful of people here are having these issues. I would recommend a reset of the router and check to see if anything nearby could be causing interference (devices such as large electronics, microwaves, other wireless devices can all cause interference). I use an app that checks for wireless congestion as well since these problems can also be related to congested airways and a different channel may be needed.

Offline sriram

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 08:59:59 am »
Interference was the first thing to spring to my mind. I took a look at the spectrum via Inssider and there were no networks on the same 5GHz channels as mine. I reset the device last night and haven't had any issues since (yet). If the issue occurs again, I'll make sure to send Securifi the logs.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.