Choose style:

Author Topic: Diagnoise IP Conflict Problem  (Read 5582 times)

Offline shinyplastic

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Diagnoise IP Conflict Problem
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:11:58 pm »
Hi,

Running A3 mesh DHCP gateway mode (to cable providers fibre modem), with powerline AV2 between the nodes and ethernet connections to local computers.  Most days around 1:30p (when my wife is using the internet  :o) 1 of 2 computers on 1 node has "conflict of IP address" errors (one Win 7 the other Win 10).  It lasts about 2 hours before it will resolve itself.

Rebooting the computer does not fix nor does rebooting fibre modem or AV2, but rebooting the A3 mesh does (as does disabling the ethernet on that computer and switching to wifi).  I have about 4 static IP addresses (for security cameras and a printer), and running AL3-R015-64MB, also have Flood Sensors, zWave lock, and number of iOS and other IoT devices.

Other than looking in the Almond System Log, any pointers to try and resolve this (driving me crazy)?

Thanks for any advice.

Offline jagdish

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Diagnoise IP Conflict Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:35:35 pm »
 @shinyplastic,

Please check for client devices that might have static IP address on them and also, check if assigning static IP to the devices in conflict helps.

Offline shinyplastic

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:38:04 pm »
Hi,

Yes I probably could assign static IP's to all my computers, and this might fix it, but then why have DHCP?  ;)

I happened again today, and I looked at the logs (nothing that I can see reported), but I did notice that there are a lot of expired 00:00:00 duplicate entries in the DHCP clients.  About real 25 devices, and most have at least 4 (or more) duplicate entries.  See picture attached,

It looks possible I'm running out of DHCP IP's (which would explain why a A3 reboot fixes the problem), but why are there so many expired entries, and why are they not being recycled when they expire (I'm assuming every 24 hours)?  Router rule to reboot every 7 days, and it only been up for 5 days??

I'm going to expand my DHCP range, but would still like to have some thoughts on why they are not being recycled - and how to fix?

Thanks.

Offline shinyplastic

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:19:58 pm »
Umm is there any way to expand from the DHCP .100 to .200 IP range?  Local Web, iOS and Cloud Web all don't seem to allow it??

Maybe I will move a few of my real static IP devices out of this range.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.