bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond Guard  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Petebitt

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond Guard
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:35:04 pm »
Have just recvd the email re the Indiegogo campaign for the new Almond Guard offering.  Be interested to see what support is provided by Securifi to current forum members, backers and beta testing community who have contributed significantly to Securifi's current set of products.
Will also be waiting to see a statement on HomeKit and other compatibility.
Overall the Almond+ experience has been a good one, and it remains my main home security platform.  It has been very reliable with my Zigbee sensors remaining up and connected since day 1.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond Guard
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:21:39 pm »
Yeah, I'm also interested in seeing how this develops. Sounds awesome with the battery and cellular backup among other things.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:37:30 am »
I'm excited for the updated unit. It seems like a real step up.

Offline canman007

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:56 pm »
Hi,
As a late comer to Almond, what is Almond Guard?
Is there a link to check out?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:21:58 pm »

Offline Forestsix

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:21:18 am »
Is there any news on when they planned to start the indiegogo for the Almond Guard? I can't find anything on Indiegogo and never received an email since the announcement.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 07:20:52 am »
Latest Almond Guard update. It appears the Almond Guard will be rolling out soon. Along with it are some new details we hadn't gotten before. On this page [url]https://www.securifi.com/ig10[/url ]it shows some of the pricing (back up cellular for $6 a month) and some of the cameras that will work with it (their own motion camera, which I am not exactly sure what that is, and Nest cams). I truly hope they support all RTSP cam's as it is such a widely used protocol. I also am just checking out the newly launched Wyze Cam. Which for under $30 offers a lot of features (but not currently RTSP) and the product they launched is a re-purposed Xiaomi Xiaofang camera but the quality is excellent. That may be a camera Securifi should seriously consider (either as their own device or via integration with Wyze or another company).  Also states a 5 hour battery backup, which I think is good for most situations. Long term power outages such as the one I had last week wouldn't be solved by this but any normal outages or flickers would be, and most importantly it can still notify you of any issues if you use the 4g backup plan. Over all that web link is a nice update of information from the previous ones.

Edit: Upon further review, the page currently shows that 4g backup is included in the cost of professional monitoring OR costs $6 to have if you choose self monitoring. This is an even better deal.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:10:14 pm by mparadis »

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »
It seems like it’s coming out soon.... am excited to try it. 😊

Offline TheLostSwede

• Chestnut

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 12:03:17 pm »
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 12:32:20 pm »
Just came here to post the CNET article here. And found it was live. Order placed. https://www.cnet.com/products/securifi-almond-guard/preview/

Couldn't find where to add additional items to the order i.e. motion camera. But didn't take time to explore.

I am excited for this and am hoping for a much more timely campaign than the original Almond+.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 01:00:31 pm »
There are not Add-ons at this time. Something I am pushing them on, even if there is no discount compared to their website. It would make it a lot easier to "build up" a system. Plus people could add things that are mentioned but not in the package, like flood sensors or an Almond 3. Last, it would add to the overall campaign value but not really cost Securifi much since they are existing products.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 01:56:13 pm »
I agree Fillibar. Also, that is an interesting Motion Detector and it is certainly much cleaner than all the round, multiple texture/color motion detectors that exist now.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 02:23:36 pm »
Anandtech article is very detailed. Hopefully those kinks are worked (I am sure they will be). The only two downsides I see are the IP Cam support is largely pending, and their own cameras only supporting 480x640, and the same wifi chips being used as the OG Almond 3. I am sure that makes firmware support for the Almond 3 and Almond 3S (which is the name of the router, whereas the Almond Guard is the name of the system?) simpler and hopefully means they will be supported for longer. I also think that utilizing the mesh system (with the Almond 3 units) makes this less problematic.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »
I got an email and I was interested in this. It looks like a good idea.

1. It's still got that absurdly small resistive screen. It was good by 2013 standards, but today it's too small.

2. Will the router part be continuously updated? I know the problems we have with Almond+

3. I see no mention of AppleKit support. Now that software authentication is allowed. I see no reason why Almond should not have that.

4. How has everyone else's experience of Almond3's hardware compatibility been? Are all popular sensors supported? Is the performance better than Almond+ ? 

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck