Choose style:

Author Topic: Lowe's Iris Smart Fob Model # 3450-L  (Read 4147 times)

Offline lucasrangit

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Lowe's Iris Smart Fob Model # 3450-L
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:27:23 pm »
I saw in the updated firmware AP2-R090 release note that support for Zigbee "Climax: 7.Remote control - keyfob" was added.

I found the Climax RSC-15ZBS wireless ZigBee Scenario Remote Controller ( http://www.climax.com.tw/rsc15zbs-zb.php ) and the LDC-15ZBS lighting and dimmer remote control ( http://www.climax.com.tw/ldc15zb-zb.php ). Which remote is supported specifically? Does this work in a similar way to the Iris White Wireless Home Automation Fob ( https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-White-Wireless-Home-Automation-Fob/999925322 )?

I ordered the Iris Smart Fob and paired it with the Almond+ but it shows up as a GenericDevice and "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE!". This device is an updated version of their smart fob so it's not the same model as the one listed on https://wiki.securifi.com/index.php/List_of_incompatible_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014 .

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 06:24:37 pm by lucasrangit »

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Lowe's Iris Smart Fob Model # 3450-L
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:28:41 pm »
Each manufacturer has the ability to make changes to the protocols they use and unfortunately that happens a lot. Just because the two devices are both remotes does not mean they are both supported. I would stick with devices known to be supported.

Offline lucasrangit

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 01:22:36 pm »
Each manufacturer has the ability to make changes to the protocols they use and unfortunately that happens a lot. Just because the two devices are both remotes does not mean they are both supported. I would stick with devices known to be supported.

How do you know the protocol is different? Is there a protocol spec somewhere?

I would like to get the supported device but cannot find a retailer for it. Does anyone know where a supported smart fob can be purchased?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:02:24 pm »
As a general note, if the device pairs there is some chance for eventual support. To help Securifi with a "new" device I would recommend:
1) Attempting to pair the device (which you did).
2) If it does pair but has no (or partial) features do what you can to activate whatever it does have. This will not make it better then, but the Almond might capture the data anyways (and just not know what to do with it yet)
3) Upon the device not having expected features (or none) send a log push to the device with the model of the device and a quick statement.
4) Post in the forum your experience with as much info and device information as you can (which you did) and mention when you pushed the log and what you called it.

Hopefully Securifi will notice it and be able to do something about it in a future release. Or sometimes there have been things people could recommend that help (like resetting the device then adding again). Or others also post and get it more traction.

Sorry this does not answer your question though... I have no recommendations on a keyfob except the Securifi one, or the Securifi Click buttons... I do not have any others (although sometimes I use Amazon Dash buttons for similar purposes also).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline lucasrangit

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 07:26:31 pm »
Thanks @fillibar for the insight. I have re-paired the keyfob and sent the logs and an email to Support. I will find out what they can do and report back.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck