bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Steam Link not connecting  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Ashford

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Steam Link not connecting
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:06:10 am »
Hey there!

So I have a Samsung TV that can do a wireless or wired connection and has the Steam Link app and a PC that's hooked up to via ethernet. Now prior to my Almond+ setup, I was able to get the two working together on the Steam Link app - my PC was connected to the ethernet and my TV was connected to the regular wifi. I had to move my stuff in another part of the house and now I needed to use my Almond+. I set it as a Wifi Extender and I plugged my PC into one of the ethernet ports on the almond and then had my TV connected to the almond wirelessly. Steam Link said it couldn't detect a computer on the local network. So I tried connected my TV via wired to the almond and still have the same problem. I'm guessing there's something about seeing other devices on the local network when connected via almond that is the problem?

Is there a solution to this/what information can I provide?

Thanks.

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Steam Link not connecting
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 11:20:20 pm »
"I set it as a Wifi Extender"

Are the SSIDs for your network and the extender exactly the same? (Ie. If you followed the wizard, and I remember correctly, in repeater/extender mode it offers you a network SSID that takes your main network's ID and adds an "-ext" for extended). If they are not, either rerun the wizard setting the SSIDS to the exact name as your main network, or rename it via the extending unit's web management page.

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 17 queries.